Engine swap YD25 Thai to spain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubby24

Reaction score
Currently in the process of finding a new engine for my Thai Navara as it’s dropped compression in cylinder 1, found a spain built engine for sale and think of buying it and stripping it down to a long engine and swapping all the parts from the Thai to the Spain. The car has had a DPF delete and tune.

I was wondering if you can use a spain engine with the Thai parts or is there a difference?

They'd be close, make sure the ECU comes with, there are subtle differences like the SCV.

I wonder why compression is low on cyl 1? Do you think it's a cracked head, blown gasket or a damaged piston? Could it just be gummed piston rings?

Cylinder head replacement is a viable option with the result that you know the history of your current engine, so there should be fewer surprises.

So I removed the cylinder head and visually inspected the piston.
Number 1 piston had excessive play in the bore like a lot compared to the other cylinders.
Have just booked it in to have the bottom end rebuilt and I’ll get the cylinder head refaced and valves checked.

Was gonna go down the path of just doing an engine swap but could be buying a grenade. So I think long term reliability just rebuild it.

When it was running it was misfiring and blowing a heap of blue smoke. Also the cylinder 1 piston was soaked in oil where the others were dry.

Latest posts

Back