entry exit hose to catchcan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybird

Reaction score
What type of hose do you use to catch can. I used heater hose but it eventually went soft and sweated oil. I replaced it with a piece of the same hose I had but will need to get it right. The catch can is the small one from forefront and the dimensions are different at the rocker cover end to the catch can end so need something flexible, hence the use of heater hose.
Thanks
Terry

I just fitted mine ....with heater hose oops
I think hydraulic hose would be better
how long did the heater hose last?

when you go to your fluid transfer supply shop whether it be hydraulink or blackwoods etc

ask for oil resistant.....there is expensive and cheap oil resistant black hose ....the cheap one is fine and will resist some heat and oil for years

I found 3/4 hose OK to fit (clamped down onto smaller engine/airbox related points Ok with Hose clamps). I fitted heater hose, but will replace with Oil resistant when I get a chance.

Perhaps Jamie could take note of the noise regarding incompatible hose sizes and adjust if he ever has to retool the catch cans. : )

Heater hose lasted about 4 months, it didnt fall apart just went soft and sweated oil. I'll find a hydraulic shop and get some oil resistant hose.
Thanks for the replies

I found 3/4 hose OK to fit (clamped down onto smaller engine/airbox related points Ok with Hose clamps). I fitted heater hose, but will replace with Oil resistant when I get a chance.

Perhaps Jamie could take note of the noise regarding incompatible hose sizes and adjust if he ever has to retool the catch cans. : )

hahaha......catch 22....so hard because the size on the can now would fit perfectly on 10 other models of cars....if i changed them to suit nav they wouldnt fit a bunch of other models and vise versa which sux

other option is go back to the plans I had of making reducers from alloy

Fit the yd25s fine, fittings are the same size...... maybe you just need to get a newer car,

Hahahahahahahahah

:deadhorse::sorry3::rambo:

Could always get a jap built yd25 hahahahahahahah, or put a yd25 in yours…............
:sniper:

i`m going to use copper reducers from Bunnings, they are 1mm either side of the right size but i reckon will do the job perfectly.

Latest posts

Back