Exhaust and Chip Combo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Robert (Chip It)
I'm still looking for away to improve the lack of bottom end torque, I think the Thai build manuals could be worse, (heard lots of complaints on here). I've done 3" including dump pipe, egr block, intercooler hard pipe upgrade and a basic tuning chip. I'm still not happy with the way the truck drives. The slightest incline and I have to rev up over 1500rpm to prevent stalling. Any suggestions on a way to get more bottom end power?

Thanks.

What chip do you have and why say "basic"

Do you know our chips allow turbo boost to be increased (as well as fuel) which gives more torque?

What chip do you have and why say "basic"

Do you know our chips allow turbo boost to be increased (as well as fuel) which gives more torque?

A TDC powerbox, it just increases fuel pressure, no improvement on bottom end torque which I gather is limited as a factory setting.

Personally im not keen on something increasing fuel rail pressure, not if its still under warranty..

Personally im not keen on something increasing fuel rail pressure, not if its still under warranty..

I'll try anything to get rid off the damn turbo lag. Besides the module can be unplugged in a matter of seconds, so no problems with warranty issues.

Someone posted that the new stx has an increase in fuel rail pressure, 18000psi up to 20000psi.

I'll try anything to get rid off the damn turbo lag. Besides the module can be unplugged in a matter of seconds, so no problems with warranty issues.

Someone posted that the new stx has an increase in fuel rail pressure, 18000psi up to 20000psi.

To get more power out of the common rail diesels, thats what is done. Toyota have their very own chips sold in the UK that does exactly this.

Nothing wrong with lifting up pump pressures ... we just do this in correspondence to lifting up turbo boost pressures as well. IT helps in getting rid of black smoke in the D40

D40 Auto,
I am looking into this too and i believe the chipIt module has no control over teh regen cycle.
But whith no DPF a regen will not happen has the sensors will not detect a difference.
when fitting the dpf you also have to either fit a egr plate or get a chipit module, one or the other, this will cut down exhasut smoke. You can have both and its all good!

krunchi,
I have already put a EGR plate in.The truck has enough power i just want better fuel economy
i get more K's out of a tank when its loaded up with camping gear and the caravan then eveyday driving empty and no canopy

krunchi,
I have already put a EGR plate in.The truck has enough power i just want better fuel economy
i get more K's out of a tank when its loaded up with camping gear and the caravan then eveyday driving empty and no canopy

you can get better fuel economy with a Chip D40 ... around 7 - 10%

Guys let us quote on chip and exhaust packages. Turbo back, Full stainless, 3" . no need to worry about turbo boost spikes as we take control of the MAP sensor anyway ... and is why some tell owners to buy a 2 3/4 in system. But what they are really saying is that the 3 " is much better at flowing the exhaust so the turbo can spool much better ... and THAT IS WHAT WE WANT :)

Prices chage between modeils but will be around $1400 plus $799 for the Chip WITH STANDARD boost control.

If that is not enough, we also have the capability to run EGT Monitors, which, when coupled to the Chip It Performance Modules, monitor EGT's and re-program the Chip It Module to run factory standard tunes IF the EGT's climb too high. Again, this is unique to Chip it.

This option is only $399 complete with internal display :)

Latest posts

Back