Exhaust, boost, gauges, snorkel for 08 2.5td d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
Gday fellas new around here from Sydney ryde area my1st post , long time looker so decided to sign finally sign up !!

Had my ute about 3 months now done a few bits n pieces mainly work orientated( I'm a chippy) new tray back ,2 x toolboxes ladder racks towball roof racks double din deck 31 ATs , just did major service .got an awning and reverse camera on its way too so the wallets a little empty !!

These cars are a slug when taking off (mainly 1st but 2nd too) so thinking a new exhaust , what's best suited to my ute a 2.5 or 3" ? Do I need a dump pipe or straight through ? Any helps appreciated ;) tried searching but tapatalk phone app was playing up.

Also I've brought a hks turbo timer as I do alot of stop start stop driving to help keep turbo oil temps down and an EGT/boost gauge to keep an eye on things after exhaust goes in and boost wind up (maybe) Can you wind up boost a little with bigger exhaust ? also I'll be getting a snorkel going in too . So it should all be breathing better . What boost is standard for these utes ?

Here for the long haul as I just had a kid (now low funds lol) can't buy another ute for s while , love the car 4 work play and family so I'll be sticking around

Cheers fellas ;) any helps appreciated

They all are a pig taking off moving 2.5 tonne off boost it aint got the cubes an exhaust will help a little not much though. Try the egr block to begin with and change ya driving style use a few more herbs to build a bit of boost before taking off

Yeh I've read about this briefly . Any negative side effects to car ? Any other help with the above ? Cheers

Hi mate and welcome.
Dump pipe is a must and 2.3/4 in is enough for the 2.5. I'm running a Beaudesert exhaust with a Steinbauer chip and boost wound up to 20psi. I tow every day and if it's a hot day it's still a nugget to get of the line so a water to air intercooler is on the cards. EGR is a good mod also but not a lot of performance will be gained by doing it. A throttle controller will help with the down low response.
Cheers, Brad.

Thx brad ... Going to get exhsust done soon use to have a 2.75 on the old Hilux (2.8 don't be late haha) might be the go again ;) 20 psi sounds high ( guessing here) what's stock ?

Should be 16psi in yours stock i think someone will correct me if wrong enjoy your new ride mate they are a good solid ute for the money and the mods your looking at will all help in there on way a catch can is a nice mod to help protect your investment also

Yeh she's stock engine wise at the moment. as above tho gonna add zorst , snorkel, up boost a little do this EGr blank see how how she goes ;) I'll look into catch can too cheers

Egr blank and a catch can are probably the best things you can do for your engine..health wise that is.you gotta keep that filth outa your engine..d40 are suggish off the line also..there all that way..with few mods (listed above) they get moving tho!

Yeah 16psi is standard, I wound mine up a little more to 22psi the other day and it made a difference. Just seams to run nicer and hold its own better on hills. EGTs are now holding at 500 deg's where before they were rising to 600 +. Just got to watch the turbo can handle that type of boost that's all.

Yeah the intercooler is way to small also. I can feel it on a hot day. Going a water air setup and water meth in the near future. I have heard that the cores will start leaking.

Agreed mate that's the way to go mines set to just under 20 psi I have seen two fail I think I will go down the same path as you more money

Rather than going an all out new intercooler system can you get a bigger top mount off a patrol or similar ?? Just curious . Driving around today with air con on 1st gear is non existent !!!! Need zorst, snorkel, extra boost , EGr asap !!!

Last edited:
You can get an ARP aftermarket top mount. A more refined collet and direct bolt on. The only thing is that they arn't cheap and for the money you could get a water air setup. But they arn't for everyone due to their complexity.

Latest posts

Back