EZDown tailgate Assist

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tracking is so informative lol

Your item, posted on 16/09/14 with reference RJ6959xxxxxGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.

keep us posted.. Would love to see how they work. Honestly I don't really mind the weight of the tailgate but missus complaining it's too heavy for her to lift or even open.

I feel for you Aussie. Order mine from Wolf 4x4 Thursday night arrived in the mail today at home. Be fitting it up over the next week or so.

yeah really starting to wonder if the $20 saving was worth it lol

I will add though that I normally get gear from the UK in about a week so this is somewhat unusual.

Last edited:
Woohoo its here. Bloody slow boat from the UK .
I will do the install and pics tomorrow. I have the main external bracket painted and drying in the sun as we speak. Figured would look better black to match the truck rather than raw stainless.
From what I can see its all really well made and even a full alloy template so even I cant screw it up lol

Looking forward to the install cause i think this will be my next mod after i fit my lightbar this weekend.

The paint should be dry tomorrow so ill go through the install in the morning doing pics as I go although the pics in the install sheet will be just the same but on a black truck.
I will be doing a few things extra.I will masking tape the inside of the tailgate to catch any metal as well as the outside to stop any possible scratching .
I will put some rust inhibitor on the holes when done and also put some silicon or windscreen adhesive if I can get some on the plates so they stick to the sheet metal both in and out.
Other than that it should be as per instructions. I had a bit of a play with the ram and its going to be no change on closing the tailgate but opening will definitely be slower .

I did my lightbar in the bullbar today so can tick that job finished
Tomorrow is EZDown and installing a pair if Recon Big Rig Ice lights
product_photo-large_image-818.jpg

Ok jobs done and have to admit it all went pretty easy
As per the instructions I took off the strap installed the template and installed the main lower bracket to the tail gate
It was a bit of a struggle as you need somewhat small hands to get into the space in the tailgate.
Plus I painted the holes with Killrust paint after drilling them and put Sickaflex sealant on the stainless parts to seal everything so the tailgate wont rust at that spot.
Anyway the finished job
20141002_140049_zpsd0af7c34.jpg

20141002_140508_zps3ba12235.jpg

And last but not least the award winning video
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQMG9sgLmLE&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Wolf 4x4 has them for $120 if you own an AMAROK, its $195 from them for a D40
im sure it would say something like from $120
I paid $170 delivered to the door from the UK. For some weird reason it took nearly 3 weeks to get here. Normally only takes 10 days max so the posty musta been sitting on them lol
Just be aware the main attachment plate on the tailgate comes in stainless and I painted mine black.

Did see it was a amarok just thought it was $120 for all. Didn't check web page just read the story waiting for wheel alignment

Latest posts

Back