Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark he said!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk I thought RLI was back with his stale same old line.

Thank Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkk he isn't.

Pity you didn't get a pic of the Hilux because apparently bent chassis only happen to Navara's

I'll get a picture of my father in laws (18 month old) hilux - it just broke it's back crossing the Simpson. It got towed into Mt Dare and then eventually back to Brisbane - apparently it's such a common thing on the new Hi-luxs that there is a new replacement weld in section ($2000) to repair and strengthen the chassis and the repair guy was saying he's doing one a week.

For both the drawbar and the chassis to bend, both the van and tug would have had to be overloaded, alternatively both were as weak as pi5s, alternatively it was impact.

If they fell in a hole, it sounds like impact was the culprit and nothing to worry about.

That's my expert clinical analysis :rofl2::wristy:

Bugger 180degrees beat me to it and put in a much more eloquent way.

Twas the angle of the dangle.

:rofl2: I think your last sentence sums it up far better.

Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk I thought RLI was back with his stale same old line.

Thank Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkk he isn't.

I thought the same thing when i saw the thread title, and didnt bother reading it. then i looked who actually posted it, But still though it was ABOUT RLI :hahaha:

I seen this on the back of a tow truck in Adelaide yesterday. Couldn't see whether it had airbags or not.

I saw this exact same thing happen to a D40 with about the same size van on it at Menindee Lakes. Not sure if the details but the guy in the servo there told me to watch the drainage dips because he sees it all the time. I started to keep an eye on the finger gap between the canopy and the cab after that. I feel for them. Not a good experience for the trip of a lifetime.

can only say ffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went from patrol tray to navara duel cab st-x will be towing 22 ft offroad van(I hope)

Thought you guys might be interested in seeing this. Happened out on the Halligans Bay (Lake Eyre) to William Creek road a couple of weeks back. The guy, towing a Conqueror Caravan, crested a rise to find himself in an unsighted water-filled hole. The resulting impact bent the chassis (no shit Sherlock??) and also the draw bar on the Conqueror.
People out that way were mighty helpful with the folks at William Creek flying them to Cooper Pedy to pick up a hire car to complete the trip to Alice and make the necessary recovery arrangements. This sort of thing is a frequent occurrence out there apparently. The folks at William Creek told them that in the past few weeks two more similar incidents had happened; another Navara and a Hilux.

Pretty sure nisswreck in adelaide now own this d40...its on gumtree for parts

Latest posts

Back