Falken & Yokohama A/T Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Time has come to get myself some new tyres on my 03 D22 and after shopping around am still struggling to narrow down on what brand of tyre to go with... Size will be 265/75/R16...

Looking to spend around $250 - $300/tyre and will possibly look at getting 4 x black steel wheels depending on how much I spend on the rubber...

Would love to go the BFG A/T's as have read heaps and heaps on the forum about people loving the BFG's but at $380 a pop I'm not sure I can afford them... Have seen them on eBay for $250/tyre (also saw them on tempetyres.com for the same price) but am a little sceptic about buying online as I've heard there are cheap replicas out there...

So far I've been to 3 tyre shops with 2 recommending the Falken Wildpeaks, and the other recommending the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S... Best price was $1350 for the Falken's WITH wheels (friend of a friend), followed by the Yoko's at $400/corner ($265/tyre)...

As I've never heard of the Falken's I was hoping someone may have some feedback on them!? Not heard of Yoko doing A/T's either but most reviews I have found seem to be good...

Cheers guys!! :)

I had yoko and hated them - expensive for what they are and next to useless for grip.

Have a look in the flesh at them. I looked at yoko's in the fleh and was not overly impressed.

Cheers for the responses guys... Must admit I'm a little put off by the Yoko's now... Thinking I might suck it up and pay a little extra as I'm not keen on buying average tyres...

I currently have Hercules on at the minute nakedape and I really don't like them... Think it'll be back to the drawing board choosing between Maxxis, BFG KM2's (if I can trust buying them online for $1600 including wheels), or Mickeys if I can get them under $300/tyre...

I had yoko geolanders on my old challenger , never had an issue . Good traction in the wet probably better the my Mickeys , though it was a less powerful vehicle the my nav. I seen the geolanders recently and the tread pattern looks like it has changed . I liked my Yoko s . You should get Mickey ts for close to $300 in 16" . I payed $350 each in 17" so they should be closer to$300 in 16"

I like my Bridgstones as an A/T, prob fit in your price bracket maybe, there not that great in the bigger mud stuff, but everything else there really good I have found.

If I added it up correctly you are looking at paying $135 per steel rim. At the local tyre shop to me for 16x8 rims cost $77 each. That would certainly make the difference up in what you could spend on the tyres.

Have a look at maxxis tyres mate. Looking at ~$210 per corner for the 771 in a 265/70/16, and they are a good tyre

The Yoko G2012 AT's Geolander is different to the previous version, being the G2011 which a lot of people did not find to be a good tyre.

The G2012 AT's are excellent. You'll get 80K+ on tread. Go 265's - the extra bit of clearance does ad up, plus you'll find when you do tyre rotations that whatever tyres are on the front will wear quick. Rotations are very important with Nav's. I went with 245's, certainly wasn't a mistake as I do a lot of on road currently with work and the fuel rate is just a tiny bit better.

One thing I dis-liked early on with the Yoko's I have is that they are very prone to stone drilling e.g. stones just being stuck firmly in between the tread blocks. Not a major thing at all, certainly no chance of wrecking a tyre or anything - but that's the only slight negative thing about the tyre. They are excellent in the wet - very very good in the wet.

BFG's are excellent - yes. But plenty of tyres are almost as good, if not better and less expensive like the Geolanders and also the Bridgestone Duelers.

Again, cheers for the responses everyone... Going to have a look at some of the Maxxis A/T's this afternoon at a local tyre shop a friend used to work at... Mate has said they all push the Maxxis over anything else so will see what they can offer as far as pricing goes...

Latest posts

Back