Fan going all electrics no start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi fixer

Reaction score
Hi there I have a problem was wiring in trailer unit and shorted out by accident in steering column ( 1 sec). Since then turn Key on fan going and everything but no start.. Have just had analyser on it will not talk or cannot talk to engine but will talk to airbags etc. Ideas and suggestions welcome. especially as my wifes vehicle

Airbags are a separate system to ECU/BCM that use a diagnostic module located over the floor tunnel (it's directly under the cup holders for the front). This unit only reports to the ECU or BCM, it's not controlled by it, so it's possible for the BCM or ECU to be dormant and the airbag unit to be active.

However, let's check a couple of things.

Using the keyfob, can you unlock or lock the vehicle? If you can, the BCM is active and the ECU may be too, and it might just be a small fuse. There's a few to check and 4 places to find them (lucky us, eh?).

Place 1: the fuse bank near the glove box. Open the glove box and on the left side you'll notice a plastic panel with a hole in the bottom. Stick your finger in the hole (of the plastic panel, come on, concentrate on this task for a minute) and pull it out. There are TWO fuses here for the meter - both in the right hand column, the third fuse up from the bottom is one of them, and the other is the middle one with nothing beside it. Both are 10A fuses.

I'd start with those. The other 3 locations are the black box behind the battery, another black box over next to the ABS unit and a final black box (hard to get to) near this last one but closer to the firewall.

Latest posts

Back