Fan running all the time when engine off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadijim

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Navara and have been having loads of problems with battery drain for years. No garages could fix it and the last one said it was a common problem on older Navara’s due to the computer never shutting down completely. I can get a couple of days of not using the car before it drains the battery too much. To make it useable I’ve installed a cheap battery breaker / disconnecting screw on the battery. The works fine but it’s now taken to leaving the fan running all the time when the engine is off so I have to disconnect it every time I stop the car!

Does anyone know why the fan would keep running non stop? It’s not just when the engine is hot, temporarily, but all the time.

Thanks.

I have a 2010 Navara and have been having loads of problems with battery drain for years. No garages could fix it and the last one said it was a common problem on older Navara’s due to the computer never shutting down completely. I can get a couple of days of not using the car before it drains the battery too much. To make it useable I’ve installed a cheap battery breaker / disconnecting screw on the battery. The works fine but it’s now taken to leaving the fan running all the time when the engine is off so I have to disconnect it every time I stop the car!

Does anyone know why the fan would keep running non stop? It’s not just when the engine is hot, temporarily, but all the time.

Thanks.

I'd be checking the relays and fuses for the fans as well.

Does the temp guage work as expected in the car?

Latest posts

Back