FARK ME!!!!! torsion bars??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
So I'm on my way home from a night fishing with the devil I mean the missus and I just went over a dirt speed bump at around 15-20ks and heard a snapping noise.the front right wheel arch is on the tyres and just want to confirm this would be my tortion bar yea?can see anything else at first glance.

Would be the torsion bar adjuster. Can be had from a wrecker for around $50.00

Sweet,that's better than replaceing the tortion bar,still need to pay for a row truck home though which sucks

No worries anytime mate! Have a crack at a search on here there is a thread about replacing it

Will do,hopefully wreckers round town has 1.just wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple that could be fixed out here now,didn't want to call the tow truck if I didn't have to.shit I'd camp here and sort it tommorow but the princess needs her beauty sleep haha.
Your utes looking good with the 33s btw.

I've seen it happen before but splines were all good. The adjusting nuts just wore an oversize hole in the top of the adjuster and the bolt and nuts pulled right through. It was fixed with a couple of heavy duty washers between the nut and adjuster.

I've seen it happen before but splines were all good. The adjusting nuts just wore an oversize hole in the top of the adjuster and the bolt and nuts pulled right through. It was fixed with a couple of heavy duty washers between the nut and adjuster.

Could be a good idea to do as preventive also
Cost of a few washers.

Yeah, I did the other side at the same time even though it hadn't broken yet! Prevention is better than cure!

Could be a good idea to do as preventive also
Cost of a few washers.

if you cant locate a used one,i bought a new adjuster back in jan it only cost $106.00 which i thought wasnt too bad for a genuine nissan part.

was that straight from nissan?
i dont have much faith in the wreckers in townsville haha

what size washers did you use?

might fit some when i get the calmini upper arms in and adjust the bars.

so wreckers wanted $88 and they couldnt get it out until tommorow because non of them new what they where doing so i rang nissan and they only wanted $102 so grabbed that and got home put it all together again.completely forgot to mark it roughly to know were to put the new one so i had to pull it out a few times and re align it.got it almost in the exact same position as the other side so they have almost even thread left on each.
it was a super shit to do but thats just because i woke up with gastro,with the part in hand your only looking at 15-20min to get it done. The splines where almost completely smooth in the adjuster.
as simple as the adjuster was to replace i wasnt that lucky,when it dropped it pinched the boot on the upper ball joint and my brand new drag link busted a joint aswell.ontop of that i got a wheel alighnment done on thursday so now once i replace the joints i have to get another alighnment.cant farken believe my luck lately!

no worries,cheers for checking.no way i was going to pay 88 from the wreckers when genuine was only couple more dollars,it was 91+gst so yea .
surely the alighnment would still be close to what it was when i replace the ball joint and draglink as i dont touch any of the adjusting parts?
i just not happy about another wheel alighnment when i just did it a few days ago though i want it all good for the trip down south.
hows the search for a pup going?

Yeah you're definately best to get one though. Just to be safe. Adjusting torsion bars puts it out, really quick.
Yeah it's going to be a long slow process. I'm not jumping on anything til I know I have the time to train the mutt.
I'm pretty busy these days.

Latest posts

Back