fault codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fudly

Reaction score
after owning my 03 d22 for a few months not I decided to have ago at pulling the codes outta the puter and well I found quite a few 73, 26, 104, 31, 95, 43, 52, 42, 47 I was told when I purchased the d22 it has had a engine change and I was wondering if these codes might be from the old engine?? I cleared the codes so will see but is there any code there that would be bad if left unfixed??

You can get the fault codes by bridging the terminals 8 (IGN) and 1 (CHK) of the diagnosis connector located below the lower dash panel on the drivers side. The diagnosis connector has 2 rows of connector points. No.1 is the bottom right one and No. 8 is the bottom left one (could be upside down, but the furthest 2 holes apart that actually have a lead going into them I think).

You can clear the codes yourself after reading them by reconnecting the wire bridging terminals described earlier while the ignition is still on. Wait at least two seconds and then remove the wire bridging the terminals.

(1) ensure the battery is fully charged and the engine is at operating temperature
(2) ensure all accessories are switched off
(3) switch the engine on but DO NOT start it
(4) bridge the terminals as mention before. The Check Engine warning light (CEWL) should go out
(5) Wait at least two seconds and then remove the wire bridging the terminals of the diagnosis connector. As soon as you remove the wire the CEWL will begin to flash the codes.
(6) Read the codes by counting the number of flashes of the CEWL. The code numbers are displayed as 2 sets of flashes, each code is separated by a 2.1 second pause.

Each set (code) comprises of a series of 0.6 second flashes, an 0.9 second pause and a further set of 0.3 second flashes. The first set represents the first two digest of the code and the second set represents the last two digits.

eg. Code 0102 would be shown as one 0.6 second flash, a 0.9 second pause and then two 0.3 second flashes.

If there are no codes present the code 0505 will come up, the codes will keep repeating if you miss count or whatever.

To clear the codes once you’ve got them out, just bridge the terminals again for at least 2 seconds.

From the manual.

Attachments

• mil codes zd30.JPG
    mil codes zd30.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 970
thanks rumpig I looked throu the manual to and they mostly seem to be engine related apart from 0206 which I couldn't find so im guessing I miss read that one. im hopeing there all left over from the engine change so I cleared them and will see what comes back and go from there

Latest posts

Back