Faulty Maf Sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobyarms5

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if a dodgy maf sensor would cause the car to crank over but not start?? I’ve got a d22 3.3l V6 and it’s cranking over fine, but there’s no spark. I’ve got a p0101 (maf sensor) code and p0304 (cydlinder 4 misfire) code, so should i just replace the maf sensor and see if that fixes it?? cheers

I wouldn't replace the MAFS straight away. The Cyl 4 misfire might be the key there. Pop the plug and examine it (is it wet?), then test it while cranking with the lead on and the base of the plug against the engine block (don't put your hand near it!). If it's wet, the injector's working. You'd also need to check the timing, air filter and path for blockages.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I’m getting fuel in the cylinders, but none of the plugs are sparking. I also have put a new maf sensor in which didn’t make a difference. The air filter is fine and there’s no blockages. All the fuses are fine and i even changed the ignition barrel as that was a bit dodgy before. I’m thinking ignition coil/camshaft in the distributor, or possibly crankshaft position sensor???

It sounds like there's no signal for the ignition to fire up the coils - they generally don't all pack it in at the same time. I'd certainly check the distributor, make sure nothing is cracked or damaged. I'd check the wiring to the CPS first, just in case something's damaged it.

Thanks Tony, soooo it turns out i was reading the codes wrong… the dash codes that flash are to be read in three digits whilst the obd2 scanner reads it into four digits. After some research I found a page that gives all the codes for this engine in its three digit form, with code 101 being the camshaft position sensor and code 304 being the knock sensor ( i found the wire to have come out the plastic clip). I’m gonna relocate the knock sensor cause it will be easier then trying to plug the wire in underneath the whole air intake manifold. And the camshaft sensor is most likely the reason causing the crank no start, so i’ve ordered a whole new distributor. Fingers crossed it starts up once that’s in, and i guess i have a spare maf sensor now 😅

Attachments

• IMG_0804.png
    IMG_0804.png
    742.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back