federal couragia M/T

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi all
Quite a few questions here.....I want to get some 265/75/16 Federal Couragia M/Ts on my d22, when they eventually get round to getting mine from Japan, three months later by the sound of it!
I would like to hear some info from those here who have them im sure there are a few.
Did it require any cutting of any sort on the guards to make them fit with 2 inch suspension lift? etc, what do you think of the tyres? and do they stick out past the guards at all?
I will be getting a 2inch lift with koni shocks,and maybe a 2 inch body lift later would that mean I need extended shocks or different UCAs? if so maybe i should get body lift first?
Would love to hear your experiences with them.
Also saw a guy in Perth the other week with a beast of a d22 asked him about it he had 2inch suspension and 2 inch body lift and 35s I would love to do that with mine, so Im wondering if I should just go with 35s instead or are they too much of a pain to fit?
cheers for the help:)

I love my federals!!!!
They are fantastic in the mud, better then my old Mickey thompsons.
Just don't expect to get over 40k on them, they wear very quickly on the black top!

Agreed, really happy with my Feds. I had to trim the mudflaps a little with a knife, with no lift so with a lift should be fine. As long your rims are the same offset as stock they shouldn't hang out at all really.

2" lift, 265/75/16 on zero offset, needed a little guard trimming, and after last weekend, it appears they need a little more trimming.

Only muddies Iv'e ever had, so maybe I shouldn't comment too hard on performance, but they beat the shit out of any A/T's.

As for the wear, mine are weekend tyres so hopefully not too big an issue, and for $235 a tyre fitted, can't complain

I have the federals and love them. Great tire and kill through mud. They get noisey on the black stuff and may only last around 40000kms. I recently done the Cape trip with them on and the performed better then mickey t and coopers.

Mine are on 16x8 +20 black rims with 2" lift. Minor modding of mudflaps needed. I put a 30mm bodylift in to give me more clearance for the bigger tires.

Ok the feedback sounds all good so far, how well do these tyres grip the bitumen ?
@ Rustynav- if i were to get the 2" lift then go for 2" body lift later would I need extended shocks to fit the body kit? do you need new UCA's?

Ok the feedback sounds all good so far, how well do these tyres grip the bitumen ?
@ Rustynav- if i were to get the 2" lift then go for 2" body lift later would I need extended shocks to fit the body kit? do you need new UCA's?

These tyres grip well. i have been unable so far to get them to slip in the wet even with the chip and exhaust.

I originally had just a 2" lift fitted and had the 32"(265/75/16) feds under the arches. only had to cut the mudflaps and then got little touching only on full lock and at full compression on a hill. No you wont need extended shocks as the shocks arent connected to the body. 2" lift should consist of new shocks anyway and then you can install a 2" bodylift when you want to down the track. Zordo supplies a very good bodylift kit.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back