fiberglass canopy.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
you never heard of carryboy? they are pretty much the bees knees but be prepared to spend big dollars. Anyway they have been around for a long time so though expensive you can get spares. I also much prefer fibreglass over the many new ABS canopies.

i really like their design over any of the other brands. they acually look like they are made for each model of car. do u have any idea what they are worth? the arb ones look alright.

anyone had anything to do with razorback canopies? i really like the idea behind them.

For me they were over priced and way over spec'd but if you want to put 400kgs on the roof and lift the rear of your car by the canopy they are perfect canopy.

I have a Alpha canopy, supplied by Blues ute world. I've had two now, 1 on my old D22 and new 1 on my D40. I really like them and think they really suit the navara's stylings.

Picture120.jpg

most fiberglass ones seem to retail for $2500-$2800 from what ive seen. the razorback ones are $3100. i havnt seen one in the flesh but the missus did and she really like it. cheers lladnar ill check them out.

can you open them a little bit? or is it just open or shut? im thinking sliding windows just for the dog really

Nah they open on gas struts but the window between the cab and the canopy opens to let air in for the dogs and vent a the back too let air out, I have two dogs so I know what you mean.

Got a price on carryboy $3360 Inc gst + freight. Bit dearer then I thought

Carryboy have always been dearer than like model canopies for some reason but I have never been able to see the extra cost in them.

Think I'm gonna go with the razorback or the alpha. When I get home next week from work I'll go have a look around I think. Can you get tub dividers for navaraa?

Nissan want $4300 for theirs, or nizbits get it a little cheaper, pm through here, I was all set to get from nizbits but had to pay out a thieving arsehole employee instead.
I recon the nissan one is the best looking (personal opinion) while still being able to carry weight, please correct me if i'm wrong (lladnar) but I think the alpha ones can't carry much weight on top (but look damn good)

Sportsrange

I saw a canopy today on a D40 that had sliding windows integrated into the flip out windows i.e you can either slide em open or flip it out. Best of both worlds. They are imported by Sports Range. Not sure if they are available on the east coast.

Sports Range 4x4 Australia

anyone got better pictures of the nissan canopy. one on website not that good. $4000 is alot of money.

Nissan are Carryboy from memory. Nissan definitely don't make their own, you are paying them to pay the local ARB shop to put their favorite brand on.

Nissan are Carryboy from memory. Nissan definitely don't make their own, you are paying them to pay the local ARB shop to put their favorite brand on.

definitely not carryboy, there is thread somewhere on here about them coming from "super f" or something like that.

Nissan use a main stream brand, if it's not carryboy it's flexiglass, both are almost the same in constriction, strength and weight but Nissan add $1000 to it for the privilege of buying it from them

Back