Filled whole diesel tank with PETROL!! on new years day!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u keep the petrol. It's a good clean for system. I put in 5L of petrol in my diesel once every 3-4 weeks. You should do the same

I purchased a special fuel cap from the RACQ for my 2008 D40 it only lets you fill with Diesel The spout on the petrol is differant to diesel

I purchased a special fuel cap from the RACQ for my 2008 D40 it only lets you fill with Diesel The spout on the petrol is differant to diesel

What's that fuel cap look like and what does it alter to make a difference?

I thought that low flow diesel pumps had the same nozzles as petrol and therefore they would always fit in.

I'm talking 5 liters petrol to 500 liters of diesel...!

The way you indicated in the above post (i.e. 5l every 3-4 weeks) suggested to me you are adding 5l in what may or may not be a full tank once every few weeks. Unless your adding a bit here and a bit there over many days in that 3 weeks your still adding 5 litres to whatever fuel is in the tank at the time not 5 litres over the number of litres since you last did it. That was my take on what you said anyway I could be wrong.

Well there ya go, shows how long it is since I've used an unleaded pump, I thought they were the same size as the low flow diesels. Doesn't say if this thing works with both high and low flow pumps I wonder if it does because I know the high flow pump only just fits in my filler.

KraftyPg said:
The way you indicated in the above post (i.e. 5l every 3-4 weeks) suggested to me you are adding 5l in what may or may not be a full tank once every few weeks. Unless your adding a bit here and a bit there over many days in that 3 weeks your still adding 5 litres to whatever fuel is in the tank at the time not 5 litres over the number of litres since you last did it. That was my take on what you said anyway I could be wrong.

Lol fair call. I do alot of driving so my fault I should have specified litres

So do you add a bit here and a bit there or do you just add 5 liters every 3rd or 4th fill? I'm not advocating either side of the argument I'm just trying to figure out how much you are adding.

The fuel cap is called [CAPARO RIGHTFUEL] You just unscrew the old one and screw this in its place. Its yellow I dont know exactly how it works all I know you cant fill your diesel tank with petrol. The RACQ sell them at a cost of $54.00, purchased mine from RACQ Strathpine

OK i must come clean i did the same thing few days ago for first time, pulled up at diesel bowser but also had unleaded but due to the fuel eating away at the stickers i couldn't read it properly so i got up to 50 bucks b4 i realized i got the wrong thing in the right hole so i pulled out early in a panic and didn't start it in case, rang my mechanic mate Johny for help, so i moved the my nav to side and lucky the 140ltr long range tank i have has a drain plug on bottom at back so i drained it on spot then drove 40 50meters back into servo and filled her all the way up to brim and after that it wouldn't start so back on phone to johny blue tooth my mechanic and he advised me to spray aerostart anywhere in the manifold so i sprayed just past the turbo and then cranked it and she went bang puffed abit of smoke and the nav was purring again with engine light on so i didn't rev it and let it idle for five min then off for few and started again with no problems and no engine light and has been fine since and boy did i shit bricks, there has been once or twice it was hard to start this week which must mean it has picked up petrol and glo plugs wont burn it so time to change filter this week... could of been a lot worst :embarassed::smokin::stupid::stupid:

I have almost put diesel in a few hire cars while my Nav was getting a service.

I am use to only filling up with diesel now.

Dave.

I have almost put diesel in a few hire cars while my Nav was getting a service.

I am use to only filling up with diesel now.

Dave.

i haven't had diesel car in few years now, i would much rather do it to hire car than my own, oh well all dood now and a lesson learnt

Back