finally got ZD30 timing gear cover off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krawczuk

y dry.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 188
  • carbide cutter.JPG
    carbide cutter.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
oh mannn oh man... why! The front diff takes about an hour to get out, drop the idler arm and the sump can be removed... you don't need to drop the gear bag to remove the sump!

I'd rather do it properly even if it took me an extra day. Geez mate. Anyway each to their own but I think that's definately rough!! Wait till your out bush and a stick grabs the silicone, rips it off and your sump bleeds dry. That's why it will be an expensive mistake.

Sondal make a urethane that will hold 320kgs per 10 cm square its 3rd the price of sika..good stuff..i use it to for bonding car panels.

Sorry fella I didn't know you asked for help, and if you had AND I HAD KNOWN - and you where close I would come and helped you..
yes it's rough but each to their own "I say"!
Buddy if you can't get the front diff in an hour there is something wrong. Just did mine again "by myself" in under an hour- I got the gas axe out and cut the cross members out ... just teasing .. I used the grinder and a hammer :)
Seriously though it's not a big job and plus you get to know your 4x4 and check for damage and wear.. And that's a big plus in my book... if you need help-ASK! mines a d22 and you don't have to move the gear bag to drop the sump.. oh and just a word of advice- don't go doing anything like that again before you check in here ok.. there are plenty that will share advice with you, help you with parts and maybe just maybe even give you a hand personally and help you out where they can,,, I love working on them and the d22 zd is the best of them I assure you, yes they have "their" issues but all cars do! Do things properly and get to know your unit and that way you wont depreciate your vehicles worth with these type of repairs! Just say'n
and remember if you need help ask... nicely and with a cherry on top (the cherry being a lt of jack)

Sondal make a urethane that will hold 320kgs per 10 cm square its 3rd the price of sika..good stuff..i use it to for bonding car panels.

We in the signage field have a double side tape we use on alloy panels to mount/fix them. once you stick the panel with this shite it welds it, no shite! the panel will rip and wont part at the join ! Amazing stuff..

I'd rather do it properly even if it took me an extra day. Geez mate. Anyway each to their own but I think that's definately rough!! Wait till your out bush and a stick grabs the silicone, rips it off and your sump bleeds dry. That's why it will be an expensive mistake.

Zd30 have a sealant as gasket from factory

Latest posts

Back