Finding room for a sub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy

Reaction score
hey guys
had a slimline kicker in my D22 behind rear seat, but have now got myself a 2011 D40 no room behind rear seat.

Have done some quick measurements and im thinking making a box under the front seat which covers some of the rear floor and hoping a 10" L7 kicker will fit under the seat.

What have everyone else done. Any one got pics of there installs?

hey guys
had a slimline kicker in my D22 behind rear seat, but have now got myself a 2011 D40 no room behind rear seat.

Have done some quick measurements and im thinking making a box under the front seat which covers some of the rear floor and hoping a 10" L7 kicker will fit under the seat.

What have everyone else done. Any one got pics of there installs?

Ive been giving it some thought too actually, it does seem that under the seat is the only viable location, maybe even make 2 and run dual??
Have you given some thought to buying descent ( expensive) speakers for the doors and simply running a strong amp to all 4?
A descent set of 6x9's amped do sound pretty good, All though nothing beats a sub!!
i miss the one i had in my Ute :sad:

have thought about decent speakers, but will never sound the same as a sub.

also not a fan of the active subs.

Oh, it's a subwoofer, and not one of these ...

16-HolbrookatHMASOtway.jpg

Not sure I'd put it under the front seat, there are airconditioning ducts under there. I'm assuming yours is a dual cab, there's not much room at all for a large speaker unless you build a framework into the roof and mount them up there.

Theres plenty of room behind the front seat for a sub. I was runnin a 12" in a sealed wedge shape box that sat behind the passenger seat and hooked up to an amp under the seat. I took it out as i was sick of unplugging it everytime i needed to cart people around. This was in a dual cab and i guess this is what you have but you didn't say....

Theres plenty of room behind the front seat for a sub. I was runnin a 12" in a sealed wedge shape box that sat behind the passenger seat and hooked up to an amp under the seat. I took it out as i was sick of unplugging it everytime i needed to cart people around. This was in a dual cab and i guess this is what you have but you didn't say....

i think i had the same idea, i put mine behind the passenger seat you can still fit 2 people in the back with the drivers side seat folded down.

Back