Firies,Ambo's,SES and coppers.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought of joining my local SES a while ago. Went along t one of their nights but it just didnt suit me when their nights were. They got together every thursday at 730pm, right when im normally just falling asleep.

Ex Victorian copper of 28.5 years, had a gutfull of all the bs that was happening and got out mid 2008 and headed to WA for a while, still in WA so things aren't that bad.

Cheers John

Moved to the Pilbra about 2 months ago, first thing I did was join the SES, love it already recomended being a vollie to anyone.

Ill have to look into it.

Being a contractor, will I still get payed if I have to take the day off.

As a contractor maybe not, but payment from your employer is different under each award, each state and each employer. My boss used to accept days off without loss of pay providing there was a casual to fill the shift but frowned at more than one day. Were as one of the companies I now contract to let their guys go at the drop of a hat never take leave off them and never dock pay even after 2 weeks.

I think there is a minimum obligation by employers but it's been a long time since I checked and it's no doubt different state by state just like every other rule is.

Don't you contract to Telstra or do you contract to a contractor who contracts to Telstra?

Na someone else who contracts to Telstra.

They just drop to there knee's when Telstra wants something.

Everyone has there hand in the money jar.

Friend of mine works in Telstra's legal department, you just keep making mistakes and it keeps her in a job with all the law suits and claims from idiots who think Telstra workers and contractors can't do their job right.

There was once quality work provided by Telstra employee's.

Contractors get watched on everything they do.

Telstra employee's are just starting to get it now.

AWA's got rid of quality work, Telstra boss's want quantity not quality as they get big bonus's for the more work done.

Scotty you are spot on there, was the best decision I have made in years, there is life and work out there even for those of us 50+ but I do miss that crappy cold wet Ballarat weather LOL

Cheers John

Harsh, Fisholot. It's a balmy 13 degrees and drizzling rain here today. A typical beautiful day here in Ballarat!

my mother is a copper and has been for about 15years now here in wa.

my cousin is a techniacian or something for telstra and he gets paid a s%*t load

Latest posts

Back