Fitting Body Lift to D22: Brisbane

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent009

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a body lift kit from Zordo for my D22.

For $385 it seems like a decent price. However, for Zordo to install it is an extra $500. I've heard great things about Zordo and would love for him to do it, but I'm on a pretty strict budget and jumping from $385 to $885 is a pretty significant jump.

I've heard fitting body lifts is around a 4 hour job but it's pretty straightforward...especially with the good instructions that Zordo supplies. However, I don't have any tools and have never worked on any cars before so I definitely won't be going this myself.

Does anyone know of anyone in the Brisbane area who would install a Zordo Body lift to my Nav? Alternatively, is there anyone on these forums who's experienced in fitting body lifts and wants to make a bit of coin lol? I'm looking to spend $200 max on fitting if I can.

Otherwise Zordo has quoted me $1100 for Ironman 2 inch suspension lift (doesnt include new torsion bars, just wind up existing). This includes fitting. If I can't find someone to install body lift I'll probably keep saving as for a few hundred dollars more I might as well go the suspension lift?

Cheers!
Agent009

You will never go past Zordo for service and price he is a gentleman and will explain everything as he goes if you decide to do it yourself it's easy if you have a problem he will explain it bit by bit and make sure that you understand I personally wouldn't try to find a installer to save a few $ if you are handy you will have it done in a morning with basic tools.

I don't have any tools (except for a phillips screwdriver lol) and as simple as it is...I really don't feel comfortable doing this myself.

So I'm guessing I'll get Zordo to install as well. Question is, body lift at $885 or Ironman suspension lift at $1175?

Definately better getting your suspension done first. Will have a much better ride quality plus a substantial increase in lift over 11 year old stock suspension.

Navs 2inch suspension lifts are actually more like 40mm suspension lifts due to IFS fronts.
then if you factor in you suspension is probably sagged anyway, so suspension lift could give you 2inch more.

suspension will give you more 4wd flex and 2inch more room for bigger tires...more cv angle, more room for breakage.
body lift will give you the fixed 2inch lift, and 2inch more room to fit bigger tyres...no cv changes

depends how you want to setup the car.
both lifts are easy to install yourself, if you have tools..if your only confident with a screwdriver, then id say get someone else to do it, or get a mate/forum member with tools to come around and show you how to do it in exchange for beer/money/some services.

Personally im aiming to order a '2inch' suspention kit + a 30mm body lift kit of Zordo for my D22 when funds permit.

He's saying your suspension is old (2002 D22) and probably sagging and due for an upgrade. So if you suspension has dropped a bit with age, the new suspension will give you a good change in height. Most suspension kits offer 40-50mm, depending on how high you run your torsion bars. Body lift blocks are a set height (they're blocks). So in terms of what benefits you'll with either you need to figure out what you want more: better springs and height, or better front, rear and ramp over clearance with a Body lift.

Figuring out if the cost of fitting anything by a provider vs yourself is about cost, but also about whether you could do it yourself, and also do you have the time to do it yourself. Zordo is a great bloke and he'll do a great job fitting yours up if you go thru him. But he'll also nut out a fiddly bit or two if they come up during the lift (radiator shroud might get in the road, steering column adjust, re-centre your steering, adjust fuel filler hose, check brake lines are long enough........). You're paying for someone who knows what they are looking at first time and can get it done quick :)

Cheers

i'd do it for $200 but i'm in melbourne.

are you just doing the lift for looks? or to put big tyres on and go bush? cos if you are you should look into getting a few tools in case you break down.

Thanks everyone. Based on feedback I think I might just go the ironman 2 inch lift from Zordo now and get him to install it.

ben85 - mate, just doing it for looks mainly. Won't be doing any bush/mud but will be hitting the beach in holidays (fraser island etc)

fair enough mate.
the 2+2 lift with big tyres does look pretty good on d22s, although the tyres will reduce your fuel economy.

good luck with it.

The suspension upgrade is one of the best things you can do besides getting it going better Zordo "John" told me the only reason you fit a bodylift is to fit larger tyres or have a tough look the light weight in some cases will see the nav out perform a patrol but still let down by the ifs money is much better spent on the suspension than a bodylift.

Some people swear by Ironman, others swear at it, :rofl2:, but the EFS gear really is that much better. Also, ask Zordo anyway, he will always give you an honest answer, and then go from there.

Or come to the Muster and check out what the other people have on theirs :)

Had to say it. but come anyways :)

Back