Fitting D22 ZD30 exhaust on D22 QD32 turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedm1989

Reaction score
I was tempted to go for them, but in the end went with the guy who is based in Lake Macquarie.
I drove up there and had it fitted by them on a Saturday morning.
All good, my only comment was that they are not an exhaust shop per se (the one I went with) and weren't either willing or able to weld a bung on for the EGT probe, so that remains unconnected at this time until I get around to putting a new turbo on next month when I will get the dump pipe taken off and done at the same time. Had I have known, I might have been able to get that organised beforehand. The system itself should be identical to the Oak Flat guys - 3" turbo back XForce but with high flo cat and muffler.

KB

Sorry, I misread your post (actually I didn't read the title). I had the system fitted to a ZD30, not QD32.

ive posted some basic information in my build thread about this.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25611

when getting my turbo parts i bought a 'Advance' branded d22 zd30 dump/front pipe with gearbox connecting pipe.

The ZD has the same turbo outlet flange, so this part will bolt up.

the downward distance is shorter on a QD3.2, so you need to shorten the length. As it sat normally it would rest on the diff flange and point the exhaust along the where the front drive shaft is.

the mid pipe seemed to work fine (part going along gearbox) however at the end it had a rubber joiner and the bolts did not line up. It was about 2 cm past the holes as they should sit. I drilled a hole in the middle of the two holes and connected a single bolt to the gearbox mount.

this means in short, everythings pretty close to line up here, but you will need to modify it.

From the gearbox connection i connected my exhaust into the stock system. I am unsure if the rear part of the exhaust will line up, as i don't have this part.

I have made an inquiry recently to an onlien re-seller of X-force parts if i can purchase the two last parts of the exhaust. I was hoping they would fitup and i could make my existing 2.5inch mid system connect up to the 3inch x-force rear selection.

if you do buy it, i would be keen to hear back about the fitment.

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me, as ive done a fair bit on this subject and can help you out.

cheers, christian

I was tempted to go for them, but in the end went with the guy who is based in Lake Macquarie.
I drove up there and had it fitted by them on a Saturday morning.
All good, my only comment was that they are not an exhaust shop per se (the one I went with) and weren't either willing or able to weld a bung on for the EGT probe, so that remains unconnected at this time until I get around to putting a new turbo on next month when I will get the dump pipe taken off and done at the same time. Had I have known, I might have been able to get that organised beforehand. The system itself should be identical to the Oak Flat guys - 3" turbo back XForce but with high flo cat and muffler.

KB

If you're going to replace the turbo it might be worth putting the probe in the manifold before the turbo. It will give you more accurate readings and if you're removing the turbo it's the best time to do it... Just make sure the thermocouple has a sealed tip on it so there's no risk of the*tip*disintegrating and entering the turbine wheel...

Latest posts

Back