Fitting ne torsion bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys il be fitting up my efs 2inch lift over the weekend and was wondering if there are any traps for young players when it comes to fitting the torsion bars? Ive never fitted a set before so thought I would ask here first before I stuff it up lol.

I didn't change my torsion bars (I just reset the stockies) so I can't help. Except to suggest a search as there will likely be heaps of info on here, somewhere.

Finish one side before you start the other, so you have something to refer to if needed.
Pay particular attention to how rear end of bar has a groove that is seated into a cross member.
The search function should reveal some good instructios

its piss easy mate.

jack up one side.

undo the locking nut at the rear or the torsion bar, 17mm i think and loosen off the torsion bar adjuster till there is no tension on it.

undo 2 14mm nuts and 1 24mm nut at the front end of torsion bar. slide the bracket towards the rear which will allow the torsion bar to swing down where it can be pulled forwards out of the rear bracket.

fitting is in reverse.

lower car and roll back and forwards a couple of times to allow suspension to settle.
measure the heights and adjust to the height you want.
make sure your torsion bar adjuster brackets are sitting up level with the cross member out of harms way, you may have to pull them back out and reindex to get it right.

all easy to do, just a bit of mucking around to get it set at the right height if your not lucky enough to have it fall into place first go.

its piss easy mate.

jack up one side.

undo the locking nut at the rear or the torsion bar, 17mm i think and loosen off the torsion bar adjuster till there is no tension on it.

undo 2 14mm nuts and 1 24mm nut at the front end of torsion bar. slide the bracket towards the rear which will allow the torsion bar to swing down where it can be pulled forwards out of the rear bracket.

fitting is in reverse.

lower car and roll back and forwards a couple of times to allow suspension to settle.
measure the heights and adjust to the height you want.
make sure your torsion bar adjuster brackets are sitting up level with the cross member out of harms way, you may have to pull them back out and reindex to get it right.

all easy to do, just a bit of mucking around to get it set at the right height if your not lucky enough to have it fall into place first go.

Thanks mate il give it a go and see what happens

make sure the cam adjusters are mounted properly in crossmember or this will happen
14012012416.jpg

they also might be siezed in there, mine were and were bitchs to get out, ended up cutting them at the adjuster and taking it out so i could give it a good wack, make sure you fit them the correct way, not only on the right side of the car but also they need to be correct front to back

Back