Fitting struts for a D40 hard lid / tonneau - any hints?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakk

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've just fitted a second-hand 2007 ST-X hard lid to my 2012 ST - all pretty easy after you stop sweating about drilling holes :). After a couple of hours it's mostly fitted and looks great.

One part I need help with: has anybody got a photo (or hints, instructions, etc) on how/where to mount the struts bracket on the tub? I think I have all the OEM brackets and parts, just not sure how to align and fit them. Had a good search on the forum, can't find anything for fitting on the D40.

Thanks.

this will give you some idea

20121227_112722.jpg

Ahhh...thanks for that - the bracket I have is nothing like the attachment on the strut in your picture. Guess I'm missing those ones, at least I can see what I need to make so off to the hardware stores again.

You might have newer brackets .Mine is an older hard cover so the hardware might have changed.
At the end of the day all that is required is that when the hard lid is closed that the struts are closed or almost closed fully .
This is mine and the gap is about 20mm

20130610_105933_zpsd48341bf.jpg

Back