Fluctuating Idle & surge under acceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nissan have told me the fluctuating idle may be caused by my timing chain being stretched, not sure how that would do that but i will find out more tomorrow.

yeah your not wrong.
From what i gather form the quick conversation this afternoon i think they are going to replace it, but i will no for sure tomorrow.

Nissan are definitely replacing the Timing chains so should have it back next week.
My brother inlaw will just have to wait a little longer for his new ute i guess.

Nissan have told me the fluctuating idle may be caused by my timing chain being stretched, not sure how that would do that but i will find out more tomorrow.

Timing goes out of sync, send the cam angle and crank angle sensors crazy. And starts fluctuating

Timing goes out of sync, send the cam angle and crank angle sensors crazy. And starts fluctuating

Yeah thats what the Nissan Tech said.
It has been rattly for a long time and they kept saying it was normal.
I guess it wasnt after all, i kept getting them to listen to it and took them for three separate drives, but never with the actual Nissan Tech, just a young punk who thought he new where his ears were.....

Anyway its all good, stoked thats its getting done and my brother inlaw wont have any dramas

well the timing chain has been replaced, BUT it has made difference to the fluctuating idle problem.
Nissan still have the car and are trying to figure it out.
Oh well on the bright side, at least i got the timing chain out of them.

I think its the MAFS or maybe an injector, but we will wait and see.

well the timing chain has been replaced, BUT it has made difference to the fluctuating idle problem.
Nissan still have the car and are trying to figure it out.
Oh well on the bright side, at least i got the timing chain out of them.

I think its the MAFS or maybe an injector, but we will wait and see.

Thats all good putting parts in that dont fix it, as long as Nissan are footing the bill. But I would hate to cough up coin for a wrong part and labour

Thats all good putting parts in that dont fix it, as long as Nissan are footing the bill. But I would hate to cough up coin for a wrong part and labour

Your not wrong, i would be revving hard if they were expecting me to foot the bill!! I think i would tell them very politely to kiss my :reddy:

If they cant figure out its in injector they're hopeless. But I have no idea what it could be.

If they cant figure out its in injector they're hopeless. But I have no idea what it could be.

they have given Nissan all the info and Nissan HQ are sending info back on possible causes.

Have you ever had anything like it come past you??
Do you think the MAFS could be the culprit and would a faulty injector or injectors cause similar problems??

they have given Nissan all the info and Nissan HQ are sending info back on possible causes.

Have you ever had anything like it come past you??
Do you think the MAFS could be the culprit and would a faulty injector or injectors cause similar problems??

I faulty injector is the easiest thing ever to diagnose so I would say no. They have what's called a power balance test on consult where you can turn each injector off one by one to see if the problem changes.
I haven't had any fluctuating problems other than issues related to chips.
If I remember correct i had one have a hard to start issue and light fluctuation related to a Scv. The rail pressure was fluctuating constantly.

I faulty injector is the easiest thing ever to diagnose so I would say no. They have what's called a power balance test on consult where you can turn each injector off one by one to see if the problem changes.
I haven't had any fluctuating problems other than issues related to chips.
If I remember correct i had one have a hard to start issue and light fluctuation related to a Scv. The rail pressure was fluctuating constantly.

Thanks mate , so i can rule out injectors, makes a bit more sense now you explained how the "consult" works,
maybe they should look at the SCV
cheers

Any updates Nath ?

No not really Dave, the only thing they were told to try off Nissan this arvo was to reset the ECU 10 Times something about trying to clear a fault code that may not be clearing properly so they were told to run that procedure and go from there.
Will prob find out more tomorrow.

Yeah thats why im happy for them to change as many parts as they want, then i can give the car to my brother in law knowing that everything has been done.

Good time to do it too, still under your name as the original owner.

The brother in law got a good buy.

Good time to do it too, still under your name as the original owner.

The brother in law got a good buy.

He sure did 28k was a bargain with all the stuff on it, the only thing i took off was the winch, spotties and sliders, now with a new timing chain and what ever else they do plus its still got just over 10k of new car warranty so he still has time to get the extended warranty if he wants

Back