FNQ'er with a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solanum1

Reaction score
G'day everyone.

This looks like the forum I've been searching for! I'll be here for a bit!

Purchased my first 4WD October last year, just a fairly stock standard 2002 DX D22 with only 160K on the clock. Brother in law has a 04 D22 STR, so it's Navara city with us. I've not been a Nissan fan, as most of the 4WD's at work are of course Toyota's but some Nissan's. The DX I purchased was too good to pass up, so I nabbed it. So far, I've been very impressed. For a 3.0L, it's the perfect size. We have a ZD30 in a very heavily loaded Patrol at work and the boys give it bad raps (fair enough, way way way underpowered in a Patrol) but for mind it's ideal in a Navara. Good economy, good power and good ride. They certainly give the 3L Hilux's at work a good workout!

Self service every 5K with 15W50 Penrite - good gear.

Taking my time with adding things to it, but this is the list of features thus far (before purchase and with my own mod's)..

ECB Bullbar
Narva spotties
RedArc dual battery system (1 x AC Delco, 1 x SuperCharge Allrounder - an excellent battery)
TJM Canopy
Ironman Performance Leaf's
Ironman Nitro Gas shocks
Side-Steps/ Sliders (if thats the term for them?)
245/75/16 Yokohama Geolanders - love em love em love em
Back-seat mounted Dr Air Offroad compressor
Uniden UHF
Sony X-Plod
Calibre Toolbox

On the list to do is a Safari or genuine Nissan snorkel, and that should be the money spent. Have looked into a 'Chip, but am just happy with things now and don't want to go overkill on the thing.

Anyway, here's an old pic from December last year.

Looks the good this place. I'll be hanging around!

Cheers
T

Attachments

• P1030673.JPG
    P1030673.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 17,728

Latest posts

Back