Formula One 2014

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe it took this long for a thread on this.

I was tempted to start one, I'm not die hard into it or anything, but the new format is a pretty big deal.

I for one kinda like the fact that the cars are actually slightly distinguishable from each other now, and slide around more. The drivers actually have to drive these things.

They're not loud enough, still sound pretty ****ing good though, especially under decell

They do sound pretty cool trying to slow done. They have a bucket load more tourque than the V8 which is pretty evident watching the drivers wrestle them in the corners. It should be an interesting year though. Looking like Mercedes has the jump on everyone at the moment

Too bloody quiet!
Should be interesting to see how much power they can pull from a 1.6 turbo v6. What ever ideas they have now will gradually trickle down to road cars so I suppose its a good thing. Strange their only allowed 1 exhaust pipe.

^ I dunno, im starting to like the fact you can hear the tyres and the crowd, which went sick when ricky clocked pole in his cat and dog with hamilton, only to be pipped by 3/10ths by hamilton again, crowd still went sick.

These things are pulling more grunt but less downforce than before, these guys were all on the knife edge correcting seemingly impossible angles from unpredicted wheelspin in the most unlikely parts of the track. Short-shifting, and still wheel spinning on upshifts because of the instant torque of the electric/turbo setup.

That was the most awsome quali iv seen in a long time, im excited.

They said the cars lost down force as they slowed, because the high winds rob it.

The sound was vastly different.
It's great to see these new technologies used.

There was an incident when - was it vettel? - well someone went off when a gusty tail wind robbed him of downforce under brakes.
But they are running less downforce now as well as more power and torque. Its anyone's game atm with the new tech, especially if we get more intermittent weather tomorrow.

I don't the sound of them now, not as loud but you can here the turbo's working pretty hard, the way the cars were squirming around the track i recon were going to see the best driving winning not just the best team.

I like the the direction their going in. But the lack of sound does take away from it. To be expected I guess. You put a whopping turbo/generator on a small engine and all the energy is taken out of the exhaust.

Nothing in the world sounded better than a 19,000+ RPM spiinning Honda V10 going past you sounds like that. It was symphonic. Gave you shivers. Even the standing track-side in the "turbo era" blow off valve popping, waste gate slamming monsters was better than the current "power units" Sad really they have to do something about it.

I admit I liked the sound of the screaming V10s too, but when I heard the Audi TD going around LeMans I loved it. It was kinda like that pod racer in Star Wars that just belted along going putt-putt-putt ... unbelievable. I grabbed some video footage of that car doing 3 laps around Circuit de la Sarthe. Unbelievable how a 5-speed TD can trounce a Mazda 787B - but you can watch it happen over and over as the diesel just putts along at 5500rpm while the other cars are doing 3x the revs and seemingly going nowhere!

I do agree with where this technology is headed. It's going to be fantastic. F1 2020 might see all-electric cars - absolute dead quiet except for the squeal of tyres and roar of fans. Maybe each car needs a doof-doof on the back to output "that old sound" for nostalgia's sake?

Me thinks that the jumped up little prick (vettel) has been found out with these new cars.

I like the the direction their going in. But the lack of sound does take away from it. To be expected I guess. You put a whopping turbo/generator on a small engine and all the energy is taken out of the exhaust.

Nothing in the world sounded better than a 19,000+ RPM spiinning Honda V10 going past you sounds like that. It was symphonic. Gave you shivers. Even the standing track-side in the "turbo era" blow off valve popping, waste gate slamming monsters was better than the current "power units" Sad really they have to do something about it.

Could not agree more, the lack of sound is quiet annoying for me, not as annoying as bloody channel ones bloody adds though, 6 laps they managed before commercials , bloody joke, time to search online for a stream I think.

Cant believe I sacrificed my sunday for that! Most boring race ive seen in awhile, fuel economy and f1 dont mix.

Yeah, i think im over f1 again. Qualifying yesterday was a ripper but todays race was *yawn*

I really struggled to stay awake during it. The love for f1 is disappearing for me in favor of less regulated sports.

I don't get all the changes - just got used to DRS, now there's some 'charge' shite. Just make cars go fast and compete!!!

Latest posts

Back