Front hub noise on deceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibbo123

Reaction score
Hi guys

I apologise if this isn't the right place for this post. I was looking for a noob section but couldn't find one.

I'm looking at buying a D22 ZD30 manual and took it for a test drive today and it all went fine except there was a weird noise on deceleration. It happened at about 40-50km/h down to about 10-20k/h and sounded like the front right tyre had a bit of plastic guard rubbing on it (I couldn't tell if it was the left one as well). Similar sound to holding a playing card on a bike tyre. I mentioned it to the seller and he said it was because we had left the front hubs locked in after testing the 4WD/low range. Does this sound right to anyone or could it be a bearing issue or something else? The car drove fine at all speeds up to 100km/h with the hubs locked, no noise when turning, accelerating, no vibration in the steering, etc. It definitely was not a gear in the gearbox whine and was pretty loud. I should have taken it for a drive again with the hubs unlocked but didn't have time.

Cheers, Tim

Last edited:
front cv / hub
does it do it without hubs engaged
i imagine you weren't in 4wd when you had hubs locked??

Latest posts

Back