Front or Rear Lockers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MjWatt

Reaction score
If you had to choose between having a front locker or a rear in your D40, what would you choose and why?

Good LSD, throw one in the front to aid in any climbs to make it easy for any trouble spots..

Rear - Reduces you back to an open diff for all other on road experiences? Could be interesting to drive in the wet?

in a d40 i would go front fisrt because of the piss weak internals of the diff the locker will make them a little stronger aswell.

Food for thought, Mickey Thompson in their testing recognise that 67% of the D40's weight is over the front wheels (similar with the D22).

+1 for front. If you think about the majority of times you need a locker its when you are climbing a rutted hill. Having 100% torque to both front wheels will allow you to pull yourself over an obstacle rather than the rear trying to push the Nav over it. Speaking from personal experience (Both my diffs are locked) I often find that when tackling difficult hills the front alone is enough to get you up and over.

Another one up front for me. The front his limited travel and has a hard time sticking to the ground as it is. Allowing equal power to both front wheels will garauntee you have constant traction whether a wheel is lifted or not. I have a d22 and have one up front. Also why waste a perfectly function Lsd in the rear for that tad extra traction. With correct use the Lsd will perform just as well as a locker.

Rusty

Going for the ARB Air locker in the front.

already have a compressor and they provide ultimate control.

Latest posts

Back