Front stabilizer linkage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
I was doing a post trip check over my D40 on return home from Cape York - looking for loose things, torn boots, worn rubbers etc, and guess what.......the linkage from the front stabilizer to the lower control arm on the driver's side of the car was missing - WTF. Took the car to Mr Nissan and just got it back with a new lower control arm and linkage. The shop foreman thinks that the linkage fixing to the LCA came loose and wore the hole larger.....eventually it shit itself and fell off. Anyway no problem getting it fixed and all good now. At the same time I asked them to check out a noise that I could only hear when reversing.....I suggested that it was one of the universals starting to wear and sure 'nuff the rear uni on the main propeller shaft was worn....replaced under warranty. Maybe worthwhile checking our these things on your D40 - mine is 2008 model with 97000km on the clock.

Last edited:
hi Pete. was checking mine the other day and the links from sway bar/stabilizer to lower arm seem to be mighty close to the cv boot. about 5mm gap at the most. is yours that close or have i got a problem. not sure if it touches under flex. mines 07 110 000k spanish...

hi Pete. was checking mine the other day and the links from sway bar/stabilizer to lower arm seem to be mighty close to the cv boot. about 5mm gap at the most. is yours that close or have i got a problem. not sure if it touches under flex. mines 07 110 000k spanish...

The gap from the top ball joint on the link to the boot is about 10mm on mine.

Thanks mate... i might pack the bar out with a spacer to avoid boot contact. might of bent it a little while off roading..

how did you snap it? i i gess you would get a little more flex with it off too. but i was worried about on road handling. i have since packed mine out 8mm with some packers and looks like it wont come in contact with the boot now. i must have bent it offroading or something..

Latest posts

Back