front wheels hanging top in

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like, PM me your email address and I will send you a D21 factory service manual, and an exploded parts diagram. You can redo all the bushes, make sure every component in the manual/diagram is present and correct, then send it for an alignment and you should be alright.

[email protected]

please do. Im worried about the hack job and have not had much to do with these torsion bar front ends.

I work nights and this job involves sitting around waiting for something to break so i could use it as learning time. Pdf format?

Ok. . . New post for a new theory

is it possable that said clown has installed the torsion bars wrong/incorectly to gain more lift, hit the bump stops and so manadged those too?.

Hows the correct way to install/set?. After some quick searching on google,is it as much as setting the hight you want with a jack, wacking in the bars in and away you go?.

I would like the nose a little down so when either the boys and work tools, camping gear, trailer or loaded on the back it squats down level.

Also it seems to my mind that you really want even travel both ways, wheel up and down am i right?. I wont achieve this with the lift kit will i ?. So how should it be sitting to be done correctly in relation to over all travel, as in how much closer to the bottom bump stop?

How will this effect offroad performance?. Some of my fav hunting spots are still good cos there a bit hard to get to, ie one of my few is along an old fire trail. My wheel needs to be able to go down at least a bit cos im guessing there not front lsd. . .

Am i on the wrong track here guys?

271297_10150328293974305_748854304_9386116_6031926_o.jpg

272161_10150328293749305_748854304_9386110_3907386_o.jpg

272279_10150328293834305_748854304_9386113_4882138_o.jpg

273154_10150328287359305_748854304_9386014_5908630_o.jpg

Email sent.

Ok. . . New post for a new theory

is it possable that said clown has installed the torsion bars wrong/incorectly to gain more lift, hit the bump stops and so manadged those too?.

Most likely, the previous owner has set the ride height (using the pre-load on the torsion bars) to be more than 2" lift over standard. In order to maintain some downtravel, he has removed a bumpstop. The bumpstops are there to protect the CVs, by preventing them from exceeding their maximum operating angle. So the risk is that you will damage CVs, and, obviously, the damper.

Hows the correct way to install/set?. After some quick searching on google,is it as much as setting the hight you want with a jack, wacking in the bars in and away you go?.

Have a look in the manual I've sent you, the process is there. Once you've set it at factory height, then raise it a further 2".

I would like the nose a little down so when either the boys and work tools, camping gear, trailer or loaded on the back it squats down level.

You can set it up how you like, I'd advise you set it at 2" then one time when it's loaded, measure how much you'd like to drop it at the front.

Also it seems to my mind that you really want even travel both ways, wheel up and down am i right?.

Correct.

I wont achieve this with the lift kit will i ?. So how should it be sitting to be done correctly in relation to over all travel, as in how much closer to the bottom bump stop?

Even with a 3" lift you'll still have adequate down travel.

How will this effect offroad performance?. Some of my fav hunting spots are still good cos there a bit hard to get to, ie one of my few is along an old fire trail. My wheel needs to be able to go down at least a bit cos im guessing there not front lsd. . .

Am i on the wrong track here guys?

A 2" lift would be about right. Just set it up how it should be, with a 2" lift, and then get it aligned.

Thankyou so much guys. Dion is the photo of the front wheel there, the one with the wheel hanging over? .

I tried uploading again and my pc froze again. . .

That grate in the ground is square. . . Do you think that will adjust out Dion when it goes off to be aligned?

The most rediculous thing about it is that in all of the pictures Dion kindly helped out putting on is that the vehicle is under its own weight, the old jack in the pictures is not supporting it.

I want it to look like that when its jacked up off the ground and the wheels are in the air, not when sitting normally

Latest posts

Back