Fuel Filler Cap Holder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys i dont know if you know or not but, if you get your fuel cap and put it in between the fuel bowser handle and the other bit you dont have to hold onto it.
this is what i do, and when it fills up it clicks, i do this cause im filling up with gas at the same time tho.

guys i dont know if you know or not but, if you get your fuel cap and put it in between the fuel bowser handle and the other bit you dont have to hold onto it.
this is what i do, and when it fills up it clicks, i do this cause im filling up with gas at the same time tho.

Some servos will stop the pump if you're caught doing that, our local mobil (what used to be mobil and is changing next week) actually makes staff aware of this during training and tell them they are to stop flow to the pumps when it happens on anything but the high flow diesel pumps.

Some servos will stop the pump if you're caught doing that, our local mobil (what used to be mobil and is changing next week) actually makes staff aware of this during training and tell them they are to stop flow to the pumps when it happens on anything but the high flow diesel pumps.

I do this and haven't had any servos stop the pump, I fuel up at BPs and Mobils, but I'm sure it will happen at some point in the future.

I don't really see the issue with doing it provided you're filling up with diesel.

I have been known to use a ex's bobby pin to use it to hold the pump handle.

But someone seems to remove them a week later when I fill up.

Dave.

Most servos don't give a rats about it but some do. The thing that's always annoyed me about the Mobil franchise down here (and I can say that cause they are selling out to United and getting rid of the dead wood) is that they let the diesel pumps leak for 6 months yet want their staff to stop people for locking the pumps open. We used to use fuel cards registered to each truck yet not once did the staff ever check the regos matched, I spent 3 months using a card that had the rego and "red truck" written on it but was filling up a white truck with a different rego and it was never questioned.

Anyway it was just a warning in case the pump goes off on anyone and they can't figure out why.

We used to use fuel cards registered to each truck yet not once did the staff ever check the regos matched, I spent 3 months using a card that had the rego and "red truck" written on it but was filling up a white truck with a different rego and it was never questioned.

Sounds like it could be a good rort of some form. Dunno how though. We used to chop and change the Caltex cards used to fill the Council tractors totally at random. One guy threw his in the bin with his sandwich wrapper by mistake and the rental tractor never had a card so it wasn't uncommon to fill three or four tractors off one card. Never even raised an eyebrow, the fuel consumption calculation on the statement at the end of the quarter must have been wak though, 50L/hour???

We used to screw with the boss on a regular basis with fuel cards. Swap cards between depots 160ks apart and see how long it would take him to figure out a Dandenong truck was filling up in Moe. He rang up one day bitching that one of the Geelong trucks was getting billed for fuel in Churchill and that it must be a mistake, it hadn't occurred to him to check the account for the truck that usually filled up in Churchill too see what it's fuel consumption was like, when he eventually did look he found it was filling up in Geelong.

One thing they do need to do is make the damn things stronger, getting dumped in the truck console and being handled with greasy diesel residue every day kills them fairly quickly.

Latest posts

Back