Fuel Filter Alternative

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDS410

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I am going to be doing some serious touring this year and am gearing the Navara up for some long trips.

I have currently installed a long range tank etc and am wanting to know what people are installing as an alternative to the genuine Nissan fuel filters.

I have had problems with aftermarket alternatives, so am not looking to stock up on those and my problem with the Genuine units is that they're far too expensive.

I am wanting to know if there is a kit out there that utilises a different filter set-up, as well as enables me to install a pre-filter at roughly 2-3 microns.

Cheers guys and thanks for the feedback!

Hey mate. Have a look at the stanadyne filters. You can get different microns and they can have 2 filters joined together so you can have pre filter and normal filter.

Ideally, a pre filter, you want around 30 micron with a water separator. This is what the stanadyne filter is. The factory filters in the navaras are around 5 micron, so having a pre filter smaller than this is pretty pointless.

Your best bet would be to get a couple of stanadyne setups, run a 30 micron pre filter and 2 micron post filter. The filter elements are chemically treated to separate water from the fuel and they have a glass bowl to check. You can also get a sender to light up the water in filter light so you know there's water in there.

Hope that helps a bit.

I should add. I have a stanadyne 30 micron setup on my d22 and have not had any issues at all. I have been using ryco filters for the standard fuel filter and haven't had any issues with them either...

Nissan doesnt manifacture filters. they just make contracts with big and reputable manifacturers stick a Nissan logo and sell it. for example the "nissan" oil filter for the d22 is just a mahle filter
20160325_124236.jpg
20160325_124245.jpg

same goes with air and fuel filters. as long as you use good brands like Bosch or mann and hummel or ryco filters you will be good to go. just replace them on scedule thats the important thing ;)

Do you get Ryco stuff in Europe-land Steli? Thats pretty much all we get here in bum-**** Australia-land, I always wondered if they were any good but never had an issue either.

Do you get Ryco stuff in Europe-land Steli? Thats pretty much all we get here in bum-**** Australia-land, I always wondered if they were any good but never had an issue either.

no we dont get ryco filters, but we get the rest like bosch, mann hummel, tokyo filters, knect and mahle. but ryco should be ok i see a lot of mention of them in AU forums plus they have been used in mighty car mods and shows like that. it should be good for the navara no doubt.

Thanks mate. Come to think of it, they are so widely used here, that if they were no good we would have heard about it by now.

Latest posts

Back