Fuel Pump has died....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiftyNev

Reaction score
So after already spending $4k on a complete rebuild after I took the head off thinking it was just a cracked head, which then turned in to glow plugs shattered and bounced around the cylinders, and a cracked piston, I put it all back together and now it won't start.
After going through everything 17 times, including all the timing and fuel pump timing etc, injectors have been checked.. I have no fuel getting past the fuel pump. I got rid of the Nissan fuel filter housing with its rooted primer, and replaced it with a stanadyne primer and canister filter setup with clear water trap on the bottom. So now I can prime it properly. Problem is, with all that cranking with the dodgy primer it seems, after doing everything humanly possible to get around it, that my pump didn't like turning with an airlock in it that I was unable to get out. So it appears my pump is now f*cked.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get it rebuilt, or exchange... as I am running way way way past the money I thought I was going to be spending on this issue, and don't have a lot left to get this POS back on the road.... Been three weeks with out my ute, having spent my whole holiday time off taking this out and rebuilding it. Not what I had planned. FML. Anyway... suggestions appreciated before I take to it with a 10lb sledgie...

Back