full length roof basket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanJG

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you run full length roof baskets from the cab to the canopy?? I have the old basket off my old GQ Patrol which has the legs cut off. Would there be too much flex between the cab and the canopy to mount it or would i be ok??

Just wondering if any of you run full length roof baskets from the cab to the canopy?? I have the old basket off my old GQ Patrol which has the legs cut off. Would there be too much flex between the cab and the canopy to mount it or would i be ok??

Too much flex mate

Like already said by Mitch, there is far too much flex between the cab and the tray, you will tear the roof rack and your canopy to shreds.
Just watch the tray when your driving in the rear view mirror and watch how much it moves just on the black stuff.

thanks for the feedback. Thought there might have been too much movement. Looks like I will have to cut the basket back and make it the right size to fit on the cab only.

thanks for the feedback. Thought there might have been too much movement. Looks like I will have to cut the basket back and make it the right size to fit on the cab only.

u could cut it into a 3/4 length rack and mount it to your canopy so that a foot or 2 hangs above the rear of the cab.

or just go the half length and mount it on the cab as u mentioned, i have one like that and it comes in handy.

Back