Gauges- turbo timer /EGT /boost / reverse cam

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
Hearing conflicting stories on where/how these are or should be installed . I've got turbo timer , (I do alot of stop start short burst driving ) EGT /boost gauges (separate) and reverse camera .

Have timer to ignition and alarm/immobilizer ?

EGT just after turbo ?

Boost gauge ?

Can I plug in a reverse cam to back of my double din unit ? How can I check ?

Does anyone know a good cheap (hard to find) auto elec ??

Any helps appreciated !;)

I've got all of the above and fitted myself. Gauges are in a pillar pod, only got 2 cause that's all they were making at the time. If I had my time again, I'd probably get a 3 gauge pod and put oil pressure in there too.

Egt probe, before I put my 3" exhaust on I just used the hose clamp method to fit the thermocouple about 50mm down the dump pipe from the back of the turbo. Boost gauge I teed into the wastegate line from the compressor housing to the wastegate actuator on the turbo. This won't give you a post intercooler pressure, you'd have to drill and tap or weld a bung on either the intercooler or inlet manifold.

Turbo timer, I had fun with that. But it does run fine with the immobiliser and remote central locking.

What sort of head unit have you got? A pic may help, but most wirh a screen have a reverse camera input, or if not, at least av in which will work, just won't turn the screen on automatically.

Hope that helps a bit... sorry its such a long speel lol

Thx mate that helps heaps. Mines a 2 gauge in a pod too , going to mount in middle on top of dash or use the cup holders and tap into pillar . Seem I'm getting a new zorst (2.75") and dump should I get this 1st before getting EGT put in as it would be installed into old zorst then have to be moved ??

Where's best for boost gauge how u have it or into intercooler ?? Where's most accurate to check boost as I will be dialing it up down the track .

Yeh turbo timer is a wire up job not just a plug in so need it as you have to immobilizer and remote central locking .

Head unit not sure but I'll post a pic up today for you. Do if it plugs in back it will bring screen up if goes in front aux it won't bring screen up automatically ??

Don't know any good auto elecs do YA ?

Cheers mate I appreciate the help

Here's pic of head unit no idea what brand etc ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421101693.783134.jpg

Sorry mate, been away for work for a couple of days. Egt gauge, I'd probably wait til you get the new exhaust if it isn't far away.

I put the boost gauge line where I did because it was easy haha. Didn't want to go out and try to get a threaded fitting and then drill and tap a hole. The stock intercoolers do leak a bit of boost, which you can hear when up in the high rpm range. How much boost you lose I couldn't say, but I was getting around 16psi with it fitted where it is before I put the boost controller in. Up around 18 now, haven't chipped it, but it does spool a lot better.

You're on the right track with the head unit. If you pull it out it should have the inputs on the back labelled so you will know pretty quick whether you can hook a reverse camera up, should also have a trigger wire in the normal plug that you need to hook up to reverse so it changes over.

What turbo timer have you got? Not sure if different ones need to be wired slightly differently that's all.

Sorry, don't know any good auto elecs lol, do all my work myself. Where abouts are you located?

Turbo timer is this hks ... I'm in Dundas nsw , you ? Yeh I might do timer and reverse cam plus the catch can and EGR blank then get the exhaust snorkel , then do boost gauge /EGT and also a manual boost controller I think I'll take it up to 19psi and just play it safe . I've read they have a cut out fail safe at 20/22 psi ?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421470760.833373.jpg

Yeah not sure on the overboost cutout. Mine peaks about 20 at the turbo, but the motor will see slightly less than that due to the intercooler. No point winding it up without adding a chip or editing the ecu to make use of extra boost, by adding more fuel. I only put it in to reduce any possible wastegate creep and spool a little faster.

I'm in perth lol, so can't really help out with mechanics or auto eleccys over there haha. Sorry mate.

Back