G'day new owner as of today

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozzo

Reaction score
Hi guys well today I just got my new 2010 navara str today complete with winch snorkel steel bull bar and tow kit. Was wondering about a few things I'm I'n Sydney looking to put a radio In and also get some good driving lights and where is the best place to get them fitted and bet place to get a good recovery kit cheers guys this if off topic but of any of you have a Harley im a Harley tech cheers

Its a shame that you in sydney mate.There are a few of us on here that ride Harleys but in Melbourne.Congrats on the new toy mate.Hit the search button for threads already posted on here mate.Cheers Scotty

Welcome aboard, Bozzo.

I think the recovery gear is best sourced mostly from ARB, but front and rear you'll want to tack on some Outback Ideas recovery points. Quite a number of threads already talk about this, try here, here and here for starters.

For the radio, you might want to hold on a bit. I don't know dates or anything yet, but the 40ch sets are being replaced by 80 channel sets, I'm waiting until this happens before I put a radio in mine - I'm just using a hand-held set for now.

Driving lights can be a matter of personal taste but I'd recommend going for a light with a metal case (like IPF) because over time, the case won't flex and allow water to seep in. If you're thinking recovery gear, you're thinking off-road and that;s going to include water crossings - so getting a decent set of driving lights will be good. I have a spot on the right, and flood on the left - it's not a bad mix, nice and bright up close and on the outback highways I can see reflectors lighting up kilometres away.

Don't forget a decent compressor, tree protector and shovel.

Yeh thanks guys looking forward to getting out of the city and using my forby for what it was built for. I was looking at digital radio's also I was looking at a arb Master recovery kit I know that arb make good gear who else makes good recovery gear Also since I am new to all this and who does the best 4x4 driving course's at a good price

Out Of Town 4WD at Barnsley conduct a series of nationally recognised courses (ARB Newcastle are agents, or you can go direct).

ARB do make excellent recovery gear and it's the gear chosen by the 4WD competitions in Australia. The question I asked myself when I bought my gear from them: do I want to get gear that I will KNOW that I can rely on, or gear that I think I might be able to ... so I went to ARB for schackles, winch extensions, tree protectors and am yet to get my snatch block and compressor from them. I think I'll also grab myself a drag chain for flat tows too.

What I also need is Outback Ideas recovery points. At the moment I'm relying on my winch and my tow hitch receiver, which might be acceptable, but I'd like to be sure I'm doing it right.

Cheers for the info another question Iv seen the recovery hooksmon the front of the bull bar not far away from the winch is that a good Okavango mount them

You can buy recovery point to bolt onto the chassis bozzo.If you look at you chassis under the front of the chassis you will find to bolt holes doing nothing.I think they are outback ideas recovery points to fit in this spot.

hey guys just fitted a new gme uhf to my ute today, atm they are pre ready for 80ch so all u need to do is enter a code once the swap has been done and boom its a 80 ch. small compact and ready for 80 ch.

Latest posts

Back