Genuine Nissan / Airtec Snorkel review

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheepdog

Reaction score
Just a bit of info on how rubbish I think the genuine Nissan / Airtec snorkel for the Dual battery YD25 is.

It really is only a Cold air intake not a proper snorkel.

Leaves you with 2 options for Dual battery YD25 Safari or if you got the cash Stainless đź‘Ť

Nissan badge is just clipped onto the snorkel body leaving to small holes in it with no kind of sealant to make it watertight.

There is a terrible designed join between the two hard plastic pieces which join at the inner guard. The design makes it incredibly hard to seal. I used pretty much a whole tube of Sika and still couldn't get that join watertight.

The piece within the guard is hard plastic and is meant to join the snorkel body using a hose clamp and Sika

922edafae98aadc526670ae60edfff15.jpg

bd5f60d645a37adeef351dcf7a2b7ff9.jpg

c222a206e04603d4840f2a5b1bc8688e.jpg

I have modded my Nissan snorkel using;
- piece out of the Safari dual battery setup
- 2 x 90deg silicone bends
- 1 x alloy joiner 250mm long from memory

7a09e21204d4ad7640de6d34a2b7a34c.jpg

Safari snorkel piece
1652294a29b57976ff5a0c94831b894e.jpg

I also have the genuine Nissan snorkel for the yd25 dual battery setup, I've been toying with the idea of just cutting a hole right through the guard to remove that stupid little pipe that runs in between the panel and the body, it restricts the airflow something shocking! I like the look of your mod tho
Cheers Deano

Yes the whole snorkle to air box design is quite retarded.

I didnt realise there were holes behind the badge.

Good write up and review!, it is a very restrictive setup on the YD25. I have the Safari with a GQ Patrol elbow into the airbox. It sucks that's for sure. The earlier Nissan snokles to suit the ZD30 were a better design and sealed well when "properly" installed.

Latest posts

Back