Genuine Nissans Oils

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi yep he's right Penrite is the best diesel oil, over the years I have proved that point time after time some oils the oil pressure will drop where the Penrite will hold it's viscosity, that's why I'm considering removing the DPF and use Penrite HPR oil the engine will live a lot longer

Got my 10000km service a couple of weeks back at nissan they used magnatec

i wonder if nissan would fullfill a claim if one told them one of these oils was used magnatec or penrite or castrol etc (not serviced by nissan) and it got brought in for say a spun bearing or a clogged DPF for example

trouble with what?

"i wonder if nissan would fullfill a claim if one told them one of these oils was used magnatec or penrite or castrol etc (not serviced by nissan)"
If there using it they cant knock back a claim because someone else is

"i wonder if nissan would fullfill a claim if one told them one of these oils was used magnatec or penrite or castrol etc (not serviced by nissan)"
If there using it they cant knock back a claim because someone else is

well, you heard the man above.....

Yeah they'll knock it back for sure. I just had a turbo on a patrol knocked back for no service history at Nissan. All at ultra tune. Still going through the processes trying to have it approved.

so it ok for you guys to use "magnatec" but not for me

Post gone but not forgotten.

Surely there is more to it than that. Of course they can make things difficult as far as non dealer servicing goes but if log book servicing is done properly it's not just a simple "blame the service agent and wipe the warranty". Nissan still need evidence to justify why the turbo has failed and saying "because it wasn't service by us" is not something that stands up in a court of law, governments of yesteryear made sure of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited this post. Probably shouldn't say so much.

I took the quote out too, but I still say no car maker can wipe warranty just because of non dealer servicing, there has to be more evidence that the non dealer servicing or other such issue not relating to the dealer was at fault.

I edited this post. Probably shouldn't say so much.

thats ok.......i knew exactly the answer i would get....As i said earlier in this thread, is that my aim was to make it an info thread and not a my oil is better than your oil or a shitfight.....

sorry, I may have baited you, but i was just trying to get a message across...
some are just a bit green to the big wide world..

And I agree with you all.. But they are strict with their warranties. I believe there needs to be more to it. But I don't make the rules with servicing I just enforce them. Sorry to upset you Krankin (if that's what I've done) but unfortunately that's jut how it is.

Deleted post. Of you guys want to chat more about it. Pm me or something.

Not interested in someone elses specific case, but the law does state non dealer servicing is not illegal and therefore even if a manufacturer wants to they can't wipe warranty without reason. However this is an oil thread so unless the warranty is specifically about choice of oil then it's not really on topic and Krankin might shoot me with that machine gun thingie he keeps pulling out.

Correct. I'm over it anyways. I finish at 5:30 I come on here to get away from my daily dealings :)

Back