Genuine plastic tubliner vs. Rhino ute lining

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperST-R

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm looking at my options with uteliners. I will be fitting a canopy and drawers system to the tray on my D22 but not sure which lining would be best, genuine plastic uteliner which I haven't heard any bad things about or a spray on Rhino liner which is equally as good if not better then the plastic one. What have you guys found that works best? I am the kind of person that will carry anything in the back of my ute from firewood to car parts so whichever one I do get needs to be tough and durable.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :big_smile:

Hey mate.

I would honestly steer clear of plastic drop in tub liners. They promote rust hold sand and water between plastic and tub surface. You have the Rhino liner idea or if you have some time on your hands and also your pretty handy you could do a diy spray in.liner. Raptor Liner is a great kit or even you local industrial paint suppliers would do a in house kit which is what I have done. 2 years and its still solid. It all comes down to spending time doing a quality prep job. Or pay the extra coin and have the rhino installed

I would probably go with the spray on as i have the plastic liner and know there is sand and dirt under it and keep saying ill take it out and clean it but never do.. maybe during these holidays ill find time..

Mate go the spray on liner for sure. Get a quality one and make sure they spray over the top edged and down a little on the tray. Helps protect the top of the side of the tray aswell. Am a concretor and will never have anything else now. Last liner was six years old and only had to deep scratches that got to the metal apart from that was nearly as good as the day it was sprayed on....

Mate go the spray on liner for sure. Get a quality one and make sure they spray over the top edged and down a little on the tray. Helps protect the top of the side of the tray aswell. Am a concretor and will never have anything else now. Last liner was six years old and only had to deep scratches that got to the metal apart from that was nearly as good as the day it was sprayed on....

With it going over the tub lip a little are there any issues with it chipping or peeling along the edge?? is it just a masked line?

Latest posts

Back