Genuine review

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wex

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a new D40 ST and have been doing some research but thought I would get some info from the horses mouth. The most off road the truck will be going is on the beach with a camper trailer and fishing rods on Straddie, Moreton & Fraser (I love QLD). Every one is quick to whinge about things on the net so I was hoping to ask you guys your genuine thoughts on the ST's and if there are any common problems to look out for.

Thanks guys.

very happy with my RX Dual cab. Nissan now have a fix for the exhaust rattle. Will be upgrading the suspension . Beach driving is a breeze. Engine is great , blows a bit of smoke when pushed but this can be fixed. 10 ish litres per 100 klms

D40 would go all right for fishing on the beach, a bit of extra ground clearance with a 2" lift with the added befit of a better ride is the way to go on these trucks.

There's not a lot wrong with them for the purpose you have in mind. They have a long wheelbase compared to others so the ramp-over is rather poor. You could get hung on a dune but a long shovel will help there.

You might find an advantage in going for an alloy bar not a steel bullbar but please don't put fishing rod holders on the top of the alloy bar, they are dangerous (apart from being illegal). Electronic rust-proofing would be a good idea too.

Other than the usual compressor+deflators I couldn't recommend anything else.

I have a 2010 built ST first rego was in march 2011, since then i have clocked up 45000km and i havent had one problem (touch wood)
With the power they have they are awesome on the sand, which is perfect for you.
I have had mine on the sand, and just about every other surface inc snow and i love it.

If you are going to tow i would say go for the auto.

I know people have had some problems with them, but i know people that have had problems with hilux and triton. So i would say from my own experience, go for it

Nathan

That is the exact same thing the salesman told me Tappet - so being the kind generous soul that he is he has put a hold on 1 for me until we can lock in a deal. Probly cant comment on carsalesman - I'm a real estate salesman!

Ok, I wont hold that against you Wex :)
I got burnt, sort of. Had a D40 coming, (and so is xmas) ex factory after cutting quite a good deal. Was intitially going to buy from a dealer down south, one the spec I wanted they had in stock and at very good price but went local dealer as he matched the price. I gotta give it to the bloke he really wanted the sale.
Anyway, turns out he's managed to secure one that's on it's way to Aust. Second choice in colour, although this one a metalic colour but there will be no $500 extra charge for it, so all things considerd quite happy with the outcome.

Yeah I would take that as a win, The deal I have got is good, I wouldn't class it as a steal but certainly good value for money especially when you compare to a hilux

Back