genuine snorkel sealing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed my snorkel this afternoon. Can definately say ill never bother with it again, a huge pain in the ass. I would gladly pay someone $300 to do it for me next time. On the other hand, i know that it is sealed up properly and i wont be worried when crossing a creek.

i ordered my snorkel when i bought the car new, i'd always heard that dealerships that fit them never seal them properly because they don't consider it a snorkel for water crossings and therefore sealed properly, Nissan says it's for the cleaner air sitting up higher above the dust etc.
saying that for some reason the dealership i used had the snorkel fitted by an ARB store along with the OME lift.
hopefully the arb boys would have sealed it properly, i'll chuck a plastic bag over it next chance i get and see if it stalls.

Awesome guys! Thanks Tappet!
The guy who does them at the shop said that they use sikaflex. I wouldn't have known what he was talking about if I hadn't read this. ��I'll also look at what widget said too. Great place here.
Best thing of all, wifey says that the STX will need a lift! Woot!
Now to save up some dosh. ��

I installed mine a few weeks ago but found the instructions that came with my snorkel didn't mention about what to seal on the intake filter box, i did a google search & found a fitting instruction from airflow vector that showed great photo's of all points on the box to seal.

The file is too big to upload here, if you want it use this link, it's for the diesel model only:
http://www.airflowvector.com/details.php?id=60

Great source of information here, wish this was about when I was doing mine. not so far back, Very interested in the duct from snorkel to air box that I found to be the trickiest part to get right.
Widge87, a special thanks for the good design on how you overcome this issue from snorkel to air box, but unfortunately most don’t have this luxury of being able to fit up stainless bends and hose fittings unless we have someone do it for us.

I only had the tools at hand, so needed to use the supplied silicone hose, but fond that once I had it all fitted up, it all looked good but unfortunately when I started up the beast and give it a gut full the silicone hose sucked closed.

This I’m sure was not a good design so have been looking and keeping my option open ever since, the only way of stopping this sucking close short term was to stick a piece of poly pipe in side of the silicone hose to keep it from sucking close, and I hope this does not put extra pressure on the air flow supplied.

I’d be very interested in others idea’s.

the silcon hose will suck in but this wont happen when it's under water and the air is flowing freely try another method maybe taping off the airbox and filling with water by pouring down the snorkel. Mine goes from the snorkel and straight into the airbox through silcon hose and i wouldn't have it any other way because it's totaley sealed.

Latest posts

Back