GME TX3400 Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma

Reaction score
Hi

I have a gme tx3400 that was installed in the car when I bought it. I'm having some problems with it for some reason I can't change channel.

I managed to get the manual off the net although it just says turn the channel knob to change cannel it just doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I know the channel selector knob works because I can use it to change the call number and also the squelch sensitivity.

Any ideas? I am pretty new to this.

CHeers

Does the 3400 have the memory function where you can select it to scan between memorised channels and if there is only one channel memorised it sits on that and you can't change it? I know to 4000 did.

What about stuck in quiet mode?

It's a long time since I had a GME I can't remember how it worked but I do remember it occasionally got stuck on the channel we used to selcall each other and it wouldn't turn to 40, I just can't remember what the cause was, but it was something simple.

Edit: I think the memory function I was thinking about was called Group Scan (GS) and Open Scan (OS) as it suggests it allowed you to scan a group of selected channels, or all channels. If GS was selected and only one channel was selected it stayed on that channel and the channel knob didn't do anything but you also couldn't transmit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gday
Some of them have a face lock if i remember right, it could be that i remember one in the old truck had a fuction like that if you hit the wrong button it could lock you out
Merry Christmas and Good luck

Ahhhh finally figured it out! I think it maybe faulty however it now works.

I figured out that if I hold in a button while the unit it off and the turn it on the button becomes inactive until I repeat the same process.

All good though it seems to be working now.

Latest posts

Back