Good camping with a puppy near scenic rim?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm heading to scenic rim 4x4 park this Saturday for a night and I want to stay somewhere close by Sunday and Monday night. Where is a good spot that allows dogs? Cheers

If you are looking for somewhere really close to Beaudesert/Scenic Rim 4x4 park, then Darlington Park will be about the closest. Its actually south of Beaudesert, great spot.

http://www.aroundoz.com/a_campsite_archive/may_2001_glorious_darlington_park.htm If you look carefully on one edge of the bridge over the creek there you may still see some scrape marks from my little yellow Corolla that nearly went over the edge there one night many, many moons ago when I was 18. Combination of a half mental girlfriend and one too many bottles of Summer Wine, uurrghh! But thats a WHOLE other story,

Last edited:
Hey thanks all for the suggestions. I'm liking Sharp park river bend. Has anyone stayed at Lake Moogerah with a small dog before? Also what about Queen Mary falls caravan park?

I'd been to flanagan's reserve, Wasn't really that good. Really pretty ordinary in what i want from a camp site but that could be perfect for someone else.

edit: when we went it was quite busy and I don't really like the busy campground scene, I'm much more bush camping. Firewood isn't cheap but is available, Can't remember seeing that creeek though? Theres a few nice walks around Mt barney if you want to get away from camp for a few hours.

Last edited:
been to Flanagins recently and enjoyed it,

creek is great, there is an offleash dog area, firewood is expensive, however if you have room for firewood it can be purchased from enrights sawmill at beaudesert on the way out, i grabbed enough firewood for 2 big fires for two nights for $5.

Also what about Queen Mary falls caravan park?

I think it is yes, but must be on a leash all the time.
Make sure you take your levelling blocks for CT/Van.
I expect it will be crowded over Easter, very crowded, and you will not get a good tent site.

If you just want a base in the area, then also consider the Killarney CP. Lots of level ground and good amenities. Caveat, don't remember anything about their dog line.

Latest posts

Back