Good to see there are still decent people around.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett 76

Reaction score
So over last couple weeks the ute has been using quite more diesel than it normally does. Had a look over the car and didn't see anything wrong.

This morning, I went to start the car and it did all fine for 2-3seconds then cut out and kept ticking over but not actually starting. Checked the primer pump and guessed their was air in the lines as it wasnt hard to pump. After pumping it 10+ times started the car and it worked fine. Went and did the shopping, started car at shops and worked first time again. Thought car could have fixed itself.

Waited 3 hours for car to fully settle down and went to try it again, Same problem. Pumped primer but this time i noticed a small stream of diesel shooting out the bottom of the filter. As we only have the one car, i couldn't get to the shops to purchase new filter. So i rang a friend who was unfortunate to be out of town at the time, and couldn't make it till tomorrow. Next hour there was a knock at the door and it was a friend of my mates who had taken time off work to see me, and in his hands was a new ryco filter and his tools asking me to open the bonnet.

He finished the car after showing me how to go about fixing filter and said he was done, i had some money for him but he didn't want it. Instead he said just give me a beer after work and we will call it even.

Really happy and just thought i would share my story as i am over the moon at the things people do to help out others.

Brett

Aussie currency.

Its good to hear stories like that, they often dont get mentioned.

Great stuff mate and you will find a lot of the blokes on here will go out of there way to help anyone out aswell and I'm speaking from experiance.I have helped a lot of members on here and I have had the same kind in return.Bloody great forum this

yep its a good place! ive recieved help and been given things from guys on this forum, Dave included!
lots of great guys on here!!
James

Latest posts

Back