Greeting All, and Advice Needed on New Ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark R

Reaction score
Giday Good People!

First post as a new member. I have been lurking on the site and decided to join to get some opinions.:cheers!:

I am about to buy a used Navara. I have about $25-28K to spend, and want to know the best year/model to go for.

We camp at various lakes and do a lot of water skiing and wake-boarding so tow a 2T wake boat every weekend in the summer. I also travel about 40K per year. So a Double cab turbo diesel is the upgrade from my Ford Territory.

So far as I understand it the Spanish built 140KW version after 2010 is the one? I would prefer manual but again I believe the auto is ideal?

First mod is to chip/flash the ECU for more power, and a 3in exhaust, along with a canopy (assuming it does not already have one).

Thanks

Mark.

Hi mate and welcome
Yeah mate I recon you want a Spanish 2010+ as I think there the 140kw motor and 170kw v6 turbo diesel. And if your towing heavy loads a lot the auto is the go.
I've got a manual and tow a bit but my boat is prob only about 500kg

Hi mate and welcome
Yeah mate I recon you want a Spanish 2010+ as I think there the 140kw motor and 170kw v6 turbo diesel. And if your towing heavy loads a lot the auto is the go.
I've got a manual and tow a bit but my boat is prob only about 500kg

Thanks Mate.

I am searching the interwebs and looking to see what is out there. I would love to have the V6 but they are a little out of my price bracket.

Next challenge is to figure out how to identify a Spanish built Nav, and find one with as low mileage as possible.

You may find that it goes well enough and will easily haul 2 tonne. Rather than go down the chip and exhaust road, that money would be better spent on a better suspension setup and lift. Also the side steps are as useless as tits on a bull, a set of sliders is a good choice too.

Latest posts

Back