Greetings and My D22 Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ST-R STOKER

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have purchased a 2005 Nissan Navara ST-R and i love it.
I have put tints, a bonnet deflector on it so far and working on the sterio at the moment just the dreaded rear speakers to go. I put new rubber on all round too. Hankook A/T RF-10s. I have enjoyed looking at this great site looking for great info about my new truck and it is very helpful indeed. Search function included.

I have an issue with the new beast how ever.....
158,000 km on her. On the odd occasion when i start the truck and go to drive off it will stall. Not completely but the power disappears and i am left at an idle. It is usually the first start of the day but not limited to the morning, I had it happen at 2.30 pm today. I can clutch in and try again but still no throttle response. I find i have to stop the truck turn keys off and try again.
Some times it will happen in second second gear and today was in third.
My truck starts fine and the fuel pump reaches pressure in less than three pumps.
When I put the heat switch on and cycle the shifter through the gears it will idle down and up again so I think the idle sensor is working. I think my fuel is good as i have had this issue now with two separate tanks of Diesel. At the moment the tank is full.
Once it has had its issue, the truck is fine for the rest of the day. I cant understand it and was wondering if any one has had this issue before and any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Andrew
New Zealand

:welcome:
I'm not sure what this problem would be caused by (injectors spring to mind) but I am certain that before long you will have an answer, plenty of people with extensive knowledge on here

The fuel primer ontop of the fuel filter.

Common problem.

Pump it in the morning and see if it fixes it.

Ok so i have started the ute today from cold after pumping up the fuel manually (3 pumps) and it still has the same issues. I can not recover any revs when it happens and then engine goes to idle. Clutch in or out did not matter. Small depress on the throttle and slight response then nothing. Stop truck completely and start again, same issue. I had it about 3 times this morning before it would do as it was told.

Any ideas

Sounds like what Tweake said.

Never seen it myself, but I only deal with my own D22 everyday.

It happened again today but i was able to get throttle control back again without shutting it down. I gave the throttle a good stab and then it started to respond again. I talked to Nissan and got the standard wont be able to tell till we put it on the computer. I am scared what they might find. $$$$$$$ I hope they don't try to screw me.

start simple..change fuel filter, maybe it is extremely dirty or has a lot of water and can be causing it. once my truck did something similar. i had now bought it second hand and when i accelerated, it would start to build speed then cut of violently.. first thing i did the next morning was change the fuel filter and it has never happened again. just something to try if u have'nt already
adam

I have lived with this issue now for a few years and now my buddy has a scan too and Bingo I have a fault code, P0120 Throttle posi sen. (as it reads).
So where to for me now? I want to check anything I can prior to just buying a new one.
So can any one help me with a place to start.
Thanks in advance

Andy

I have the voltage readings from the scan tool, it reads 0.50 at idle and only gets as far as 4.08 full noise, I have read reference to the fact that it should be 5 volt max. Where is this sensor located, is it the pedal or on the engine side of things? I have just cleaned up a few of the earths and found one plug to be quite dirty but not holding my breath that this is the problem.

Those voltages seem o.k , leave it idle for 10 minutes once warm so it relearns it's idle setting. If that doesn't work then Mr Nissan only sells complete pedals, not the TPS on its own which is bolted to the side of the pedal (2 plugs on it).

I assume you've got a ZD30? P0120 isn't listed for them. Petrol V6 maybe?

Attachments

• mil codes zd30.JPG
    mil codes zd30.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 36
Hi Rumpig, Thanks for your help. I have in the past done the idle re-learn procedure but will do it again as it is easy. The truck is a 2005 ST-R Navara 3lt Diesel running the ZD30 turbo. I am yet to disconnect plugs at the pedal to clean, and just to be sure, Is the other end of the set up on the back of the fuel pump?

I assume you've got a ZD30? P0120 isn't listed for them. Petrol V6 maybe?

With the scanning tool my friend has given me which supposedly is nissan / infinity specific it has come up with this code P0120. It is my first experience of using the scan tool.
Andy

My D40 YD25 does the exact same thing every so often. I scanned it with the tool I have and it told me TPS and I think the code was P0120 (can't remember for sure). I went to Nissan with this info and was told it would be the suction control valve. They had told me the same thing when I described the problem to them earlier but they told me a different code. When I told the what my scan tool had come up with they said you can't trust what those "non Nissan" tools tell you.

I think more like you can't trust you local Nissan dealer.

I believe you can clean the SCV but I am yet to do it.

Latest posts

Back