Greetings from the United States!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a Nissan D40 owner from the US. I'm a huge fan of touring style builds and I have gotten some inspiration from what I've seen on this forum. I decided to join and share my own ride as well as keep up with what some members are doing.

Well, here she is. This is Lola.

She's a 2005 D40, known as the Frontier over here, powered by a 4.0L V6 petrol engine and a 5 speed automatic gearbox. Came with the factory Nismo package, which includes different cloth seats, a higher spec stereo made by Rockford Fosgate, factory subwoofer, sunroof, uprated suspension, and a factory e-locker. I've added a few mods already, including a 2 inch (50mm) lift, 265/75R16 General Grabber AT2s, an ARB bull bar, and a CB radio.

I'll start my own thread over in the rides section.

Wecome nice looking rig

welcome, and a well kept for a 10 y/o car. don't think we ever had a nismo upgrade here unfortunately!

Thanks gents!

Yeah ericcs, it's a great trim level and well worth the long drive and extra cost to get one. The locker works a treat, although the car only allows you to engage it in low range. I don't see much mud, so this really isn't much of a problem for me.

Welcome to the forum!

Couple of important things to note about your excellently presented car.

1) For a 2005 model it looks fantasmadorical, no two ways about it (I'll let someone else translate that if you're having problems)

2) What a brilliant advert for the folks at ARB!

3) It's a 2005 model and it has a 3rd brake light - my 2009 hasn't got that, it's like Nissan ran out of bulbs or something

4) There's no heat sink on your diff - is that because of the locker, or did the US 2005 models not get a heat sink? Most Aussie models have one, not sure if that's because the ambient temp here is like 50C above the ambient temp there, or Nissan think us Aussies all have hot asses (in which case I'm getting Scotty to weld me up a chastity belt before my next service)

Anyway, welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

Couple of important things to note about your excellently presented car.

1) For a 2005 model it looks fantasmadorical, no two ways about it (I'll let someone else translate that if you're having problems)

2) What a brilliant advert for the folks at ARB!

3) It's a 2005 model and it has a 3rd brake light - my 2009 hasn't got that, it's like Nissan ran out of bulbs or something

4) There's no heat sink on your diff - is that because of the locker, or did the US 2005 models not get a heat sink? Most Aussie models have one, not sure if that's because the ambient temp here is like 50C above the ambient temp there, or Nissan think us Aussies all have hot asses (in which case I'm getting Scotty to weld me up a chastity belt before my next service)

Anyway, welcome!

Thanks for the compliments! That is actually a phrase I use regularly haha. Yeah I'm pretty impressed with it, the people who owned it before me took great care of it. Even the interior is in good nick. Nothing broken or worn out, no sticky switches, nothing is even faded. It really is a brilliant car for how old it is. I'm very rigorous with maintenance, and hope to keep it nice.

I'm very happy with the ARB gear I've gotten in the past. I will be installing an ARB compressor in the engine bay, and an ARB diff cover. I might also be doing an ARB awning. So the car might be an even better ARB advert soon! :biggrin:

That's interesting actually. Even the 2015 models over here have the third brake light. I believe it's a law here.

None of the US D40s have a heat sink on the diff as far as I am aware. Perhaps the diffs aren't the same here? Do you guys get the M226 or C200? In the US, the manual gearbox cars and the Nismo/Pro-4X models got the M226. The lower spec automatics got the C200.

To be honest, I don't see diffs with a heat sink out here very often, except on large diesel trucks. They are very uncommon. I would imagine the reason you have the heat sink and I don't is a combination of the hot weather in OZ and the fact that you guys would probably be towing more with these trucks than we do over here. In the US, the D40 is a small truck. When most people are looking for tow vehicles, they buy trucks like the F150 or larger.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back