Grinding noise when wet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicho

Reaction score
Hi Guys

This one is doing my head in and im hoping someone can help
I have a D22 thats about 10 years old.. 220K's on the clock

When dry the car break's fine.. no noise, no grinding

but when wet, say going through a river.. i get a shuddering noise that sounds real real bad when breaking... at first it only happened when going through a river, but it started happening in last weeks rain (thou i did get a little deep in spots)

Breaks on the front have recently been replaced as had bearing's...
The rotor's look ok.. but im no mechanic..

I took the front tyres off this afternoon and everything looks clean and nice (no rock's or crap wedged in there)

any idea's on where to start looking?

Thanks in Advance

+1 on machining the rotors. Mine LOOK fine, but they have a slightly wider point which makes the braking uneven and it's very noticeable just as you draw to a stop. I think it's time to replace 'em - they've done 60,000km and they've got plenty of life left in them, except for this unevenness.

+1 on machining the rotors. Mine LOOK fine, but they have a slightly wider point which makes the braking uneven and it's very noticeable just as you draw to a stop. I think it's time to replace 'em - they've done 60,000km and they've got plenty of life left in them, except for this unevenness.

Mate I have gone through 3 sets of rotors and 5 sets of pads and I have done 150,000k lol your doing just fine mate

Thanks for the quick reply's fella's.. Ill have a look at machining and/or replacing the rotor's and go from there

Cheers

If you're replacing discs I'd suggest upgrading
to slotted rotors.
Should help clear away the water after river crossings
as well as improving dry braking performance.

anyone running slotted rotors?
i'd consider when mine are worn out.

geez some of you guys are going through brakes.

Back