Hard pipes d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forefront Industries

2013 & 2014 muster Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a full range of d40 hard pipes available for the 2.5L

they come with silver pipe work and the choice of blue or black silicone

here is the early type with 2 pipes - $130

attachment.php

here is the mid to new year models with single pipe -$120

attachment.php

here is the later model and 140kw

NOTE: with our forefront Industries pipes we have thrown the clamp and seal system in the bin and replaced from the turbo all the way through to the intercooler -- $150
attachment.php

let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• middffblue2.jpg
    middffblue2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 618
  • earlyff2.jpg
    earlyff2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 688
  • smlblueff2.jpg
    smlblueff2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:
already have them andrew....just havnt fully released them for sale....heres a teaser picture

i have 3 types available from the gorgeous hand made tube and fin below (INSTOCK)...also a hand made bar and plate ( just finishing testing) and a alloy copy of the factory core ( in stock)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_44312ffsml.jpg
    IMG_44312ffsml.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 809
Sweet, you should make a turbo, intercooler, exhaust and catch can package. The start tuning ecus :) pm me when you have released the intercooler.

Nice, does all the pipe work stay the same if you get it for the stock intercooler and then upgrade later?

yehp the cooler is a 100% drop in replacement of the factory cooler so same mounts same piping etc

Are these the same thing as the plazman hot pipe

yes with the exception of the late model....mine gets rid of the coupling joint that uses the weird clamp and seal setup inside the pipe join

Installed yesterday
I recon there is a mild improvement to performance and it definitely drives smoother, it's also got a nice turbo whistle when it hits boost which is what I like best.
Only thing I'm not that happy about is it moves around a bit and I've now got a small rattle when the engine labours a bit,so need some sort of clamp to hold it in position. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to see if there's anything available.
When I was installing it the original seals whith the weird clips looked like they were leaking and the new system eliminates this so happy about that.
Over all really happy with it.

Last edited:
Installed yesterday
I recon there is a mild improvement to performance and a nice turbo whistle when it hits boost which is what I like best.
Only thing I'm not that happy about is it moves around a bit and I've now got a small rattle when the engine labours a bit,so need some sort of clamp to hold it in position. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to see if there's anything available.
When I was installing it the original seals whith the weird clips looked like they were leaking and the new system eliminates this so happy about that.
Over all really happy with it.
Could be the pipe needs to be pulled back a little. As in the new hard pipe is rattling on the metal to which the silicone joiner sits on?
If that makes sense?

Could be the pipe needs to be pulled back a little. As in the new hard pipe is rattling on the metal to which the silicone joiner sits on?
If that makes sense?

Nah I found where it rattling. Where the lower section passes next to the radiator just before it bends around to the inter cooler it's touching the cross member of the chassis. On the original piping there is a bracket here with a rubber washer. I could just put another bit of silicone pipe around it so it's not metal on metal but I'd rather it doesn't move to much.

Any reason for getting rid of the mounting point where it bolts on near the engine after exiting the turbo?

So this would go from the hotside of the turbo, then down into the intercooler - replacing that whole section in one?

Is there one coming FROM the inter-cooler and into the throttle body? available?

depends which model you have ...

the 140kw kit replaces the whole passenger side because of poor factory design

where as the other 2 models replace HALF the passenger side and re use the lower alloy pipe

I am doing the throttle body side now...BUT at this stage it wont be alloy as it does allow for enough flex

Back