hard rear suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesegic29

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a single cab d22 Ute and i recently, about 3 months ago put in a 2inch tough dog suspension kit...
but i have one issue when the Ute is unloaded which is 80% of the time the rear is really quite stiff and just seams as tho it has no give for bumps in the road and is starting to become really annoying... and also that the back jumps quite bad when i go 4wd so i usually load the back up with some logs or the water bottles from the camp site to weigh the back down...

i believe that the leaf spring rating is 0-350kg which if it is, it is too stiff for my tray back d22.

so is it possible to get one of the leafs removed from the spring and keep the foam cell shocks

or should i be looking at replacing the hole rear suspension set up to adjustable shocks and lower rated springs...

You can remove one leaf. Usually the 3rd one from the top
Cheers

Last edited:
i would try removing a spring first and see what happens, you can get a pair of those load-assist springs for when it is loaded, i had this problem aswell but the springs do seems to soften up after a while, or you get use to it.....

Back