has this been done

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjsnavara

Reaction score
Has a auto been put in to a d22 just seeing if any one has done this as this is about the last thing that i think that will make the ute better, or have you got a better idea was going to change the motor but its now running good(lots of coin) and i think an auto would make it better off road look forward to your in put cheers

Been lots if talk on other thread about this. Worked out the only ways is via an engine conversion to a v8 or if a yd25 d40 auto would slip in.

Someone will corrct me if I'm wrong.

Rusty

maybe a patrol auto in a zd30 nav might work, joshy fitted a manual patrol box to his zd30 nav, there was a few mods to do to make it work but it did?

Auto is good up hill but not down hill, I've had both auto and manual 4wd's and would rather manual, manual gives you the best control of the vehicle. The biggest problem is control of the transmission, the D22 ecu set up has no transmission provision, you could possibly get Patrol auto to fit but the ecu from Patrol won't talk to Navara ZD30, it probably is a possibility but would be pretty expensive I'd think.

thanks

thanks for the ideas and in put ,i still like the idea have to look at a few thing no time line for this only looking forward to a new project ,at work they call the ute the navrol still got the tray that i made to put on yet so there are other jobs needed done before i start another project

they cost about 20k to do in a landcruiser, go buy a patrol thats already got an auto in it, cheaper and better.

most of ute

most of the ute is patrol not much is a navara the gearbox and motor are the only thing in the drive line that are still navara ,she can go a lot harder than a patrol

I've got an auto Terrano and a manual navara and I personally
prefer the auto setup.
Took a bit of an adjustment to driving style but I wouldn't change back now that I'm used to it.
I'm sure if you rummage through the nissan parts bin for long enough you'll find
the bits to make it work.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back